TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Epoch's R Bett'R

Alternate Booster Button!

Alternate Booster Button
I don't like the right handed booster button on the Bit Char-g's, so I figured out a REALLY cool alternative for the button placement. I recently purchased a Nissan 350z and 2-cell'd it (had the Layman 3 cell, but the std 2 is more powerful). Anyway, I decided to put in an alternate booster button that I can operate with my left thumb without taking it off the forward button.

Step 1.
Crack that baby open and find the booster button that comes on the standard controller.

2. You will see two solder points on the other side of the board where the button is attached.

3. Solder one wire on each point and run them around the bottom edge of the controller (on the inside).

4. Find a 'normally open' button that is about the same size as the ones in your controller already. I got mine from the forward button of my old clone controller.

5. Drill a hole in the top right hand corner of the forward/reverse pad that you push to operate the controller. Be sure to make the hole just barely big enough for the round part of the button to poke through the pad, and make it far enough away from the corner so the button will fit the underside of the pad.

6. Glue the button into the pad with the round part poking through the pad from the back side to the front. (be sure you don't get glue on the shaft of the round part)

7. Solder those 2 wires to the button. (the button comes with 4 legs you can cut one set of them off so they don't get in the way).

8. Push the remaining legs against the underside of the pad so they don't short out the solder points on the board. I left the legs pointing downward.

9. Put it all back together and try it out. You can push the pad in the forward position and then catch the "Alternate Booster" button with the end of your thumb when you need it. I can even reach it with the same thumb using reverse. (even more comfortable for me than the right handed orig. button.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

My microsizers came with a 20+ inch antenna on the Tx. My Bit Char-g came with a 14 inch antenna. I had a spare MS Tx laying around, so I switched the whole reel and now I have a long antenna. The bonus is that Now I have a complete grey/black color scheme that matches the car.

ed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03655.jpg (15.2 KB, 138 views)
Old 02-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Epoch's R Bett'R

Close-up on the booster button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03643.jpg (14.9 KB, 135 views)
Old 02-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Epoch's R Bett'R

My new antenna and reel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03644.jpg (14.8 KB, 134 views)
Old 02-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Epoch's R Bett'R

Oh yeah, here's my Z. I put chrome rims on it. And now, it has a teal green 150 mah sticking out the back window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03660.jpg (14.6 KB, 132 views)
Old 02-11-2003, 03:12 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomvroom
That is something I must try, that would be much better. I might try putting it just off the forward/reverse button in the middle on the right side maybe. Wonderfully done. Sweet mod!So the old boost button still works then too?
Old 02-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Epoch's R Bett'R

Yup!
Old 02-11-2003, 06:56 PM
TinyRC Champion Racer

Question

hmm what about muliple buttons ? like on on the steering and one on he foward and reverse
Old 02-11-2003, 07:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to bamsk8er27
wait i have a microsizer is there a boost button on there i didnt even know they made them is it like a lil boost when u push it thats pretty cool