TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-17-2002, 12:48 AM
TinyRC Pro

Zipzap motor and PCB

which PCB has less resistance in it and gives the most power straight to the motor? tomy bit pcb or zipzap pcb?

i want to do a 2 cell mod but i want to have a 3.0+ motor also, can i use a 3.0+ motor in a ZIPZAP if i do the 2 cell mod? or will i have to put my tomy Bit PCB in the Zipzap to use a 3.0+ motor with 2 cells?

how come in all the comparisons i read, it seems the bits, or microsizers beat the zipzaps in speed? they arent that much heavier. does this mean the tomy bit pcb is superior to the zipzap pcb?

thanks
Old 10-17-2002, 01:09 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GryphicRacing
I do not have a Micro or Bit (just a couple ZZs), so I may be talking out of my....well, anyway...

Everything I have read says that the Micros / Bits PCBs provide more voltage to the motor. Possibly as much as 2 times the voltage that ZZs get. There are pros and cons to this. Yes, the Micros and Bits go faster than the ZZs, but the battery life is significantly less.

I have also heard that the controllability of the Micros is such that their increased speed (and tendency to oversteer) make them more difficult to control on a twisty track.

Again, take this with a bit fat grain of salt...the Bit/Micro vs. ZZ is verging on a holy war for some people. To me it boils down to cost and function. I like the ZZ prices and look (more realistic, I think,) and like their performance.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:24 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Axel
Nonononononono. Bit boards don't give more voltage. They give more amperage. (stronger current). Over twice as much. Just about the same voltage though. And if you do the 2 batt series mod, then you'll be able to run the 3.8 with either the bit board or the zip board. The bit board might run it a hair better though because of the increase in amperage.

+Red RX7 ZipZap
-Dual-cell mod (2.4v)
-Antenna mod (100+ feet outside!)
-green ground effect LED ligthts mod
Old 10-17-2002, 03:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Axel
BTW: steering on either is rough at these high speeds. If you're running a 2 batt mod, unless you pop a 1.0 or 1.6 motor in there you probably won't be able to do much track racing that winds around. anything over the stock voltage is for drag racing, not control for the most part. You can get so you can control the drifting pretty well though and if you're up against a bad driver you can still whoop em.

+Red RX7 ZipZap
-Dual-cell mod (2.4v)
-Antenna mod (100+ feet outside!)
-green ground effect LED ligthts mod
Old 10-17-2002, 05:01 PM
TinyRC Pro

i know these little buggers are hard to control at high speeds, mainly because of the over steer, but on the ZZ i oticed the longer wheelbase, which would help handleing a little bit, ibut at these speeds i was wondering if you could maybe move the coils in the steering closer to the magnet. this would restrict some of the steering. also put some slot car tires on the back,(wider and stickier) i am guessing this would prevent it from spinning out right? worse come to worse, i think ill have to put the BIT pcb in the ZZ and get the booster controller so i can control it at slower speeds. thanks for the fast responds!