TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-17-2004, 09:51 AM
tiny rc racer

I just picked up a MR01 skyline @my nqlhs
and am quite impressed w/ kyosho's lil' number
still waiting for a MR02 though
Old 02-17-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm not a pyro, really.

im currently looking for a MR-02. IDK when im going to my LHS if i ever go again. (too far away) where can i get them cheapest online? im searching Tower Hobbies right now. im going to Hobby people next, then Stormer any others?

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Mad Scientist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shame on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by rlc77
jaubery....I took the plunge with ya. I found a Kyosho Mini-Z RTR Skyline (on ebay) that looked like a good starter. So I bought it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.
I hope you got an authentic Mini-Z and not one of the imposters. If it came with a light kit, I'm thinking you got one of the fakes.

Quote:
Originally posted by aperson
im currently looking for a MR-02. IDK when im going to my LHS if i ever go again. (too far away) where can i get them cheapest online? im searching Tower Hobbies right now. im going to Hobby people next, then Stormer any others?
Actually, the best deal is right here at TRC (http://mini-zracer.com/shop/products.php?pid=8) $149 including free shipping and the ball bearing kit, $159 if you want the Diablo. Other than Ebay, I have yet to see a better deal. Add up the price of shipping to the seemingly lower price of the HK store, plus the bearings, and you will see that Mini-zracer.com really has the best deal.

Last edited by neurokinetik; 02-17-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Hippygeek

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shame on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by neurokinetik
I hope you got an authentic Mini-Z and not one of the imposters. If it came with a light kit, I'm thinking you got one of the fakes.
I was thinking that too, so I contacted the seller where I bought it and upgraded to an MR-02 Yellow Enzo Ferrari. This one doesn't have a light kit, and I paid more for it, but after seeing jaubery's comments on his MR-02, I wanted one.

I'm hoping I got the right thing.

Should ship today.

Fingers crossed.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Got Brains?

money...money...money

I know the mini-z's are better, but for the scale to dollar ratio, I'll stick with the X-mod. My next venture is going to be the RS4, which is a better value to me for the $$. I can at least run it on my culdesac without it flipping over at the tiniest pebble, plus I'm going to make it into a ralleye car!!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:11 PM
I really should change my title...

rlc77,
Get some softer compound rear tires for your enzo. The stock rears are too hard to hook up on the rcp-track. I am using soft xmod tires on mine right now. They are a little too narrow but they work.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Hippygeek

Quote:
Originally posted by jaubery
rlc77,
Get some softer compound rear tires for your enzo. The stock rears are too hard to hook up on the rcp-track. I am using soft xmod tires on mine right now. They are a little too narrow but they work.
Cool Man.

Thanx for the tip.
Did I tell you I have the Lap Counter working?

I can't wait to see if my times improve with this Mini-Z.

L8R Dude.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by jaubery
rlc77,
So far, I like the 8 degree GPM treaded tires the best of what I have tried. I use the corresponding 15 degree tires on the front. You may not need to go this soft on the RCP track, though. I need them for the slick carpet that I run on.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shame on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by neurokinetik
Actually, the best deal is right here at TRC (http://mini-zracer.com/shop/products.php?pid=8) $149 including free shipping and the ball bearing kit, $159 if you want the Diablo. Other than Ebay, I have yet to see a better deal. Add up the price of shipping to the seemingly lower price of the HK store, plus the bearings, and you will see that Mini-zracer.com really has the best deal.
Thanks neurokinetik! Just as an FYI to all, http://mini-zracer.com is a sister site to TinyRC.com (support the Forums!) and is your number one source for Mini-Z info and parts!

Old 02-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Hippygeek

IT"S HERE!!!!!

My Enzo finally got here, and all I can say is........... SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

jaubery....You're right about the tires. I'm using the grip side on my track, and if I knew how to drift, I think it would be perfect.

Can you say spinout?

But WOW what a nice car. I'll be doing some shopping for tires to get a grip......

It will be hard for me to drive an Xmod again. I guess the family will all have their own cars now.....lol
Old 03-03-2004, 06:11 PM

Re: Shame on me!

Just a quick question. Your stock Mini-Z MR-02 is faster than your fully modded supra, which would be like 17-20 mph if you used the Stage 2 blue motor, IC-3 batteries, AWD, metal bearings, Suspension and Steering kit, and other stuff??? That's kind of hard to believe. So you are saying a stock Mini-Z can go over 17 mph?

Now I REALLY have to buy one!

Chuckster...
Old 03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Hippygeek

Re: Re: Shame on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by charliebrown
Just a quick question. Your stock Mini-Z MR-02 is faster than your fully modded supra, which would be like 17-20 mph if you used the Stage 2 blue motor, IC-3 batteries, AWD, metal bearings, Suspension and Steering kit, and other stuff??? That's kind of hard to believe. So you are saying a stock Mini-Z can go over 17 mph?

Now I REALLY have to buy one!

Chuckster...
My Stock Enzo appears to be faster than my most modded Xmod. Which is a Civic with bearings, steering and suspension, tire upgrade and a spin brush motor. Also it never rolls in the corners of my RCP Track. My Civic however flips easily.
I now have a Diablo Mini-Z on the way. I have 5 almost brand new Xmods and they are already collecting dust. There is just no comparison.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:56 PM

well sadly im thinking about getting a mini z for my birthday which is the 16th, but i want a car that can go offroad like on grass and dirt, any suggestions? o yea please try and suggest one that is 150$ or lower thank you very much
Old 03-03-2004, 09:47 PM

Lil stag, try a team losi mini-t. It's a 1/18th scale stadium truck that sells for 149.

rlc77, glad to see your enjoying your mini-z. The enzo is very impressive isn't? The handling is amazing.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally posted by LiLStagg
well sadly im thinking about getting a mini z for my birthday which is the 16th, but i want a car that can go offroad like on grass and dirt, any suggestions? o yea please try and suggest one that is 150$ or lower thank you very much
Hey...buy a Mini-Z Overland...they are a ton of fun to off-road with...and there is a guy on minizracer.com that sells super swamper tires and there are tutorials on how to make a lift kit for it...they can do incredible things off-road...you wont be dissapointed btw...you can get brand new ones in the original box with the manuels and everything for $102...thats what mine cost