TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-29-2004, 07:45 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to NissanGTR01 Send a message via Yahoo to NissanGTR01
Mini Z Monster

Help i wanna excape from those cheesy x mods they are garbagei want a better rc and now it has come down to the debate of overland or monster ?????? i need some help some infor on the moster maybe from some one who has one.
1. Run time what kind of run time can i expect.
2. durability am i gonna have to worry about destroying any thing very easily
3. does the suspension have good flex.
4. does the gearratios have good torque
5. am i gonna be able to crawl over stuff with this thing
6. who cares about speed i need torque
what i mainly wanna do with this thing is i run over my xmod is the remote any good i just want a bad ass rc monster truck and i just need some info on it if any one can help me with this i would be really gratefull thanks yall for the help
280 HP
270FT-lbs
Old 01-29-2004, 11:12 AM

Wow this "OL or Monster?" question is really becoming popular Well here's my opinion on both of them which I gave to someone who also asked that same question....

I'm pretty new to the Mini-Z world, so I don't really know their capabilities. I have an OL and it's a blast even at stock. Though you might have to buy alloy front knuckles and a main gear as people say they are the first to break if you run them hard. OLs can also do wheelies, but I have to go over a bump or something in order for me to pop it and ride it. Plus OLs have a "better" look than the MOL and on stock they're faster than them too. The MOL is great for jumping, but for all of the vids I've seen about them, OLs can still tackle at least most of their jumps. The MOL as you know is also made to do wheelies, if you stick in an Xspeed in there they can pop them easier and faster, and also making the MOL run faster. MOL were also made to do tricks, like going up a ramp and riding on the wall for a few secs, then coming down. So they're much better at those kind of things. So far the only things people say that break are the front/rear suspension mounts, but I think GPM is comming out with alloy ones. But what took me away from the MOL was it's body, I didn't like at that time and now that I see better pictures of them they look pretty cool. Plus I've also seen different people mount on other bodies on their MOL and they look much better . So I guess you can see that I've started to regret buying an OL and wish I had bought a MOL when almost most sites already had them in stock Hope this helps!

I guess I should also add what also seperates OLs from MOLs is the way they land after jumping. The MOL will land more stable while the OL would be well, you would lose the chances of landing as even as the MOL but you'll still land. A motorcycle can jump, a car can jump, a person can jump but it's the way they land that seperates them, just my thought. Also because of the MOL larger tires, it can go over higher objects, unlike the OL unless you convert your OL into a monster OL or lift it and add super swampers.

.... the person who asked that question ended up choosing the MOL. I also suggested to him to take a Dakar OL body and just switch the mounting post with the MOL body so he can have a "Dakar Monster OL".

as for your other 6 questions...

1. Run time is about an hour. It really all depends on what you're doing with it.

2. Nope, like I said above, the only things that people have broken so far are the front and rear suspension mounts(Due to frequent jumping) other than that the MOL has fixed all the problems of the regular OL. But GPM is coming out with alloy parts for the MOL, so you'll be able to buy new front/rear alloy suspension mounts if you ever brake the stock ones.

3. Yup the suspension has great flex(It's the same as a regular OL). Just put one wheel on an xmod and you'll see.

4. It has good torque so it can pop up wheelies. You can stick an Xspeed motor for even more torque(and speed) if you want.

5. Yes you'll be able to crawl over stuff because of it's larger wheels. Just don't go over board into dirt tracks and stuff as this isn't a big 1/10 or 1/8 scale Monster truck.

6. The remote is the same as the regular OL(I think?). So just look back at what I said about the OL remote in your last thread. You'll be able to run over xmods easier unlike the OL(You really hate xmods that much, huh?)
Old 01-30-2004, 12:19 PM
TinyRC Pro

thanks man yea i have had so many problems with my x mod it ain't funny i am gonna make a fideo of me destroying the thing firs it goes in the microwave then it meets the garbage disposal then it will accidentaly have a run it with my car then to put it out of its misery it will get blown in half witha shot gun or be burnt to a crisp i have owned many many many many rc cars and this has to be the worst just the cheapness of the products the put in them yea it was fun untill things started breaking it just gets annoying because radio shack around here dosen't carry any replacce ment parts like they did for all the other cars they have sold in the past i want an rc car that has most all metal parts not el cheapo plastic crap on the suspension and the little plastic universal joints with the stage 2 drift motor all wheel drive and everything you could possibly buy for the thing the money i spent on this thing i could have bought an overland or a monster and out ran and run over the xmod ya know its just annoying to spend all that money and have it break because it has too much torque but any ways thanks for the info about the cars well gotta go work on my real car talk to ya later
280 HP
270FT-lbs
Old 01-30-2004, 03:58 PM

Lol, you're welcome I would suggest staying away from xmod microwave thing, unless you plan to get hurt in the process but other than that, go right ahead with the rest I would enjoy seeing a MOL run over an xmod, it would be the first as I haven't seen one do it yet. Personally, I still like my xmod. Sure there were bumps here and there but after having it for about 4 months now, I've modded it to my liking and it runs better than ever When you get your MOL, I'll be waiting for the video
Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 AM
happy drifting

Thumbs down

nissangtr01- i agree with you that the x mods are crappy. im 13 and got a white supra.the supra was 50 dollars. on my first x mod, radio shack accidentally forgot to put the chasis together so i got about 300 peices. my second xmod, the chasis snapped in half.i has over 100 dollars invested into that car. i know, hard to believe, but i was going down a hill and it just snapped. Radio shack is trying to copy mini z with these x mods. no matter what, im never buying and x mod again.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally posted by george
nissangtr01- i agree with you that the x mods are crappy. im 13 and got a white supra.the supra was 50 dollars. on my first x mod, radio shack accidentally forgot to put the chasis together so i got about 300 peices. my second xmod, the chasis snapped in half.i has over 100 dollars invested into that car. i know, hard to believe, but i was going down a hill and it just snapped. Radio shack is trying to copy mini z with these x mods. no matter what, im never buying and x mod again.
Investing over $100 is not all that hard to belive. I also have an xmod and am going to be selling it shortly so that i can get parts for my OL!

Nissangtr01, I have an OL and I absolutley LOVE it!!! I wouldn't buy a MOL just becasue i think the whole Monster truck RC thing is way to played out. If you like the monster truck RC thing, then I would definetly buy one. But remeber this.....An OL can be whatever you want it to be (a low racer, or a lifted monster), but a MOL will always be just that...a MOL
Old 02-12-2004, 04:17 PM
TinyRC Pro

cool thatnks for all the input now all i gotta do is wait for my overland to come in only 3 more weeks then it all gets good thanks for the help though
280 HP
270FT-lbs