TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Steering problem on 787B

Hey, I have the Mazda 787B car, and for some reason around the track I have to crank the steering hard to the right or left to make it around the track, but I also have driven the Subaru and I barely have to touch the steering to make it go. The Mazda has a very crappy steering radius, I have maxxed it out on the controller but still the same, I have taken apart the front end and cleaned it up thinking that was the problem but still same thing again.

Is that supposed to be like that, has anyone else come across this problem, what did you do to correct this.

Thanks

Rich
Old 01-13-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaja View Post
Hey, I have the Mazda 787B car, and for some reason around the track I have to crank the steering hard to the right or left to make it around the track, but I also have driven the Subaru and I barely have to touch the steering to make it go. The Mazda has a very crappy steering radius, I have maxxed it out on the controller but still the same, I have taken apart the front end and cleaned it up thinking that was the problem but still same thing again.

Is that supposed to be like that, has anyone else come across this problem, what did you do to correct this.

Thanks

Rich
Have'nt seen that issue here, the two I've run here on the HT carpet track turned on a dime. If you turn the car on and then upside down and turn the wheels do thay seem to turn all the way? Also have you tried this with the body off to see if something is binding?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
what tire compound are you using? try changing to a softer one for better grip in cornering.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoTrax View Post
what tire compound are you using? try changing to a softer one for better grip in cornering.
I'm using the stock tires on there, but I also was running it at the time on a Mini Z foam track, I'm guessing that might have made difference on how it drove. Now that we have the offical track setup it just seems to not run the same, speed is great but the steering isn't.

What Kyosho compound should I run on it in the front and rear...

Thanks

Rich
Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaja View Post
What Kyosho compound should I run on it in the front and rear...
Kyosho 40F/10R, Atomic 35F/8R, PN Racing 45F/8R
Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Kyosho 40F/10R, Atomic 35F/8R, PN Racing 45F/8R
HOLY CRAP... what a difference, I replaced the tires and the 40/10 setup and this thing just ride on rails... WOW.... Thank you so much, it was out handling my Subaru... Now to put those tires on that..

Thanks

Rich
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM

np... all for the love! everyone is always amazed at the difference a simple tire compound change can make
Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
np... all for the love! everyone is always amazed at the difference a simple tire compound change can make
Yeh now that I have the mazda running great the Subie is now acting up, so same thing for this one, replacing the tires with the same ones as the mazda, I also replaced the rear loweer brace with the Carbon fiber MED to stiffen it up a little.. The subie has to much rear bounce on turns... So this should stiffen it up a little.

Thanks again, we had a great first run at my shop...

Rich