TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-23-2003, 10:55 PM

My Evo Vi

I couldn't find a mini-z gallery or I just wasnt looking hard enough. Here is my first mini-z.
Current mods.
Options Aluminium wheels.
kyosho ball diff set. II
Megatech aluminium front knuckles
Option wide 25 tires
Options Alum. first servo gear.

Future mods.
turbo
Faster motor
Motor heat sink.
ALum. stabalizers.
I would like to make most of the car alum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gunmetalmakinen.jpg (116.9 KB, 289 views)
Old 11-23-2003, 11:36 PM
TinyRC Pro

pretty sweet paint job!
Old 11-24-2003, 03:19 PM

paintjob

Thanks, it's my first mini-z. I have painted numerous bit char-g's. I just started getting into these. They can get really expensive. Alot more then the bit's.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
TinyRC Pro

yes they are much more expensive but i think their worth it
Old 11-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Acura RSX

That is a fantastic paint job!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:07 AM

servo died

Well I was running my car with my son. Skyline against my evo VI and I gotta say. My car runs well but the skyline with stage 2 motor, 30k rpm 8t upgraded springs tires bearings and body kit was able to stay close. I like the fact that my mini-z has alot more features than the xmods but I think that if the xmods had faster motors they would give the mini-z's a run for there money.
Well on to my dead servo. I setup some bottles in a slolom and ran the car through about 20 times. After the 20th time the car wouldn't drive straight. It stayed right and lost power....has this happened to anyone else? I dissasembled the car and pretty much ruined it. I don't know if I abused the car running it hard like that or what?????If anyone has had the same servo problem I would like to hear about it. And thanks for the props on the paintjob all.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:06 AM
TinyRC Pro

check the servo motor and see if its sticky. and see if you stripped any of your servo gears.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:00 AM

can you replace the servo motor? I think it is because it was sticking right. The gears are fine but what I think I did is because I used a aluminium first servo I think it wasn't moving smoothly causing stress on the motor?????I bought three more cars this past weekend and replaced the parts with my evo and got it all back together. I picked up one of those x-speed motors and it's alot faster. I wanna get a FET upgrade but I don't want to burn up the board. Can it be that bad for the car?
Old 12-01-2003, 01:58 PM
TinyRC Pro

what using the x -speed? you dont need a FET upgrade for it. I run mine all the time with no problems at all. You could do it just to make sure you dont burn anything out.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:17 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gameing_psycho
Yes. I too agree with the great paint job. I wish i had the time and imagination to do soemthing like that but im lazy. So unless motivation kicks in i really cant do much. I might do that because its really shiny
Old 12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
i like pizza

with your servo sticking to one side, you might have chipped or stripped a servo gear. Thats what happened to mine and all i had to do was get new servo gears and it was all good. I would recommend getting the delrin gears because i got a set and i havnt had to replace mine in ages.
Wild CharG; stock, the lifting one
White Skyline microsizer; only factory upgrades, for good handling
Old 12-02-2003, 11:00 PM

It was the motor. I am not sure why it was doing what it was doing but it would spin intermittenly. It would just spin to one side on it's own. It's ok I bought an altezza and replaced the chassis parts. It now has a x-speed motor. It's alot faster but I have a need for speed so I do see heavy motor upgrades soon. My son drives my r34 xmod and I smoke it and out handle it every time. My wife has a mercedes and it's gonna get the mods also. I bought my son the blue viper but he's not getting it until his birthday, christmas eve. He kinda get's the shaft at christmas but he will be 7 and he is an only child. I am looking into new tie rods to straighten out the car. Should I get the plastic set or the individual alum. tie rods?? If alum. what degree? Also what color should I paint my altezza?????
Old 12-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Thrasher

Did you check the VR? At the front of the servo. The alloy first gear may not be in it like it should. Or the alloy gear may be causing some problems with it. I never had any problems with the stock (white) gears on mine. I agree the delrin gears (Black) is the way to go if you want an upgrade. That's what I put on my 02's I'm putting together. I assume you had the servo appart before to put the alloy gear in.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure if it was a electronics problem or what but when I shorted the two leads on the servo the motor stopped spinning intermittenly and just jiggled back and forth. I couldn't control the left or right but the car would go forward and back. Before I shorted the two leads though the car wouldn't go forward or back. It's cool though it's just another junk chassis now. I ordered more parts last night, camber and tie rods, diff., front knuckles, locknuts, springs, med. stiff h-plate, custom bb minizr motor, motor heat sinks, and a beetle RSI body. I'm getting out of control with these toys. I hope that these will help solve the wondering in my wifes car. Last night I went to the b-ball court to run the cars and I was drag racing against my son. He had the skyline stage 2 motor and all the mods, rwd. I put the whoop on him. yeah, yeah he's seven but he can still pull the trigger at the go. Well anyway I decide to race him backwards. I drove my car backwards and his car forward and we were neck and neck, I beat him once though. I can't believe how much better these cars are compared to the x-mods.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:37 PM
TinyRC Pro

the whole cars bad ecspically the paint but i mean bad in a good way
SUSPINSION
LIGHTSBODY KIT