TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-13-2002, 09:14 PM
MOD-SQUAD

dont forget things like garage door openers, car alarms, home alarms, and other communications...music!...wireless guitar amps are close i heard(may be wrong) bu t i believe 27 hz is close to our wonderful cordless phones at home...hmmm where are pagers, cell phones and wireless internet ...i really dont care its all just thoughts
Old 12-23-2002, 11:24 AM
arceeguy

The other frequencies may not be "illegal"

According to the FCC rules (Part 15, subpart D), just about any low power transmitter is unregulated. Several years ago, the limitations for unregulated transmitters was that it had to be under 100mW (.1W) input power. I just browsed the FCC website, and they have made several amendments to Part 15 for other wireless devices like wireless network cards and other microwave devices. Lots of technical jargon and what not, so things have gotten a lot more complicated to determine the legality of the other frequencies. I would hope that the FCC has better things to do than to confiscate harmless RC toys at customs. I mean heck, I can buy a toy wireless microphone that broadcasts on the FM band (88-108Mhz) that has more range than a Bit! "Real" RC gear is a different story, because the transmitters have a higher power output.

A Bit clone that I purchased had a sticker on the box that claimed it was FCC compliant under Part 15 rules, it was a 40Mhz car - and it was purchased at Kay-Bee toys, a larger importer.

Just another side note, the Bits and other "toy" grade RC cars use different frequncies for running multiple cars because their receiver circuitry is not selective enough to allow separate "channels" within the same frequency band like the "hobby class" RC's. Thats why some people may experience problems when running frequencies that are close together.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Kibble^MAX

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by tinyrc
Note that 27 and 49MHz are the only frequencies legal in the US, and that the FCC is starting to crack down on them (not coming and getting you at your house, but confiscating from dealers and from overseas shipments).
If that's the case, what are , , , , used for in the US?
Old 07-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Camera springs

Got a tomy multi-band controller. It has a switch foooooor: 1. For regular unboosted cars in the japs 4 bands (27,35,45 and 57). 2. For boosted cars, witch are run on a different freq. 3. For boosted cars to be run without the boost function.

Add this to some of the extra bands on the market and that makes 10 usable cars at the same time that I know of.
27mhz
27mhz (boosted cars)
35mhz
35mhz (boosted cars)
40mhz
45mhz
45mhz (boosted cars)
49mhz
57mhz
57mhz (boosted cars)

VERSE interference of course.

Any more freqs?
Old 07-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Bit Obessed...

why don't people do what arceeguy did?
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=20mhz
Old 11-12-2004, 08:52 PM
iPod therefore iAm

I got a Panther clone (These things suck they're not worth the 10 bucks they cost!!! Don't waste your money on these things!!! The rubber tires are so hard they crack and the motor is wired with wire as thin as ZipZap SE's reciever antenna's are!!! Not to mention my MicroSizer with a 1.6 motor is faster than this Panther which supposedly has a 3.6!!!) 35MHz and it interferes with my 27MHz MicroSizers...
Old 11-13-2004, 08:59 AM
bdnunchaku

Quote:
Originally posted by MattPaintballer
I got a Panther clone (These things suck they're not worth the 10 bucks they cost!!! Don't waste your money on these things!!! The rubber tires are so hard they crack and the motor is wired with wire as thin as ZipZap SE's reciever antenna's are!!! Not to mention my MicroSizer with a 1.6 motor is faster than this Panther which supposedly has a 3.6!!!) 35MHz and it interferes with my 27MHz MicroSizers...
Thanks for the info. The only reason to get a clone bit is for the different frequencies. There's always one major fault with all bits.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:09 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Cool

If anyone doesn't know, the new Super Bit Char-gs have the same frequency as the original Bits but the frequencies can be changed to different types (example 40mhz A,B,or C. or 27 A,B,or C. these are just examples. there are more frequencies.) In the USA, the "super" microsizers have only 27 and 49. But as I said, they come in a,b and c. You can change the type on the controller but not on the bit.
Spring suspension
Soft tires front
Hard tires back
Red neon
Body lowered

Nissan Skyline GT-R (New R34)- Silver+Blitz Skyline Decals and paint
1.6 motor
Spring suspension
All soft tires
Blue neon
Body lowered
Blitz Skyline Bodykit