TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-21-2002, 02:06 AM
VILLAGE IDIOT

My Battle field

I am almost finshed with my Battle field just waiting to get the Digi combat battle field pieces.I made it out of 2" thick styro foam I had laying around the house .Then I spray painted it with Gray enamel and it gave the foam a textured look because it was not foam safe and melted the foam and textured the surface.Then I sprayed red stone over that and then black high light.Then the river was agua blue R/C polycarb paint it really dug out a river in the foam.I made a little cliff to climb up on and boarders so the tank would not fall off the battle field.I hot glued the whole thing together and also the HO train foilage.I t fits on my lap it is 32"by 24" weighs about 1lbs.I battle tested it with my nephews today it works great you can even shoot tanks down below you .It need some wall to hide behind because the nephews just keep hitting the fire buttons and kill you fast finnaly I got them to enjoy driving around these small marvels instead of just killing each other.At first they thought they had to move the stick really fast like a Playstation game.IT was fun alot of fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg combatbattleground.jpg (15.7 KB, 226 views)
I get my news from the daily show with John Stewart the #1 fake news man in the USA
Old 12-21-2002, 02:07 AM
VILLAGE IDIOT

Close up of cliff action
Attached Images
File Type: jpg combatbattleground2.jpg (14.2 KB, 223 views)
I get my news from the daily show with John Stewart the #1 fake news man in the USA
Old 12-21-2002, 06:50 AM
Keep plodding

That looks really great! I agree about the walls. Put up a couple of barriers to hide behind. Great job! I still need to make my battlefield.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:48 AM

Nice battlefield!! The Digi battlefield set will finish it off perfect. You know, if you have any friends with tanks they could built a battlefield and you could link them up, like the HO train guys do.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Keep plodding

I'm trying to think up a way to play capture the flag with these things (along with rules). I think that would be a blast.
Old 12-22-2002, 02:43 AM
VILLAGE IDIOT

The battle field bit the dust I thought I would spray paint black bomb crater and they turned in to holes of no return So I will build battle field number 2 sunday.I have one good skill from my R/C glider days I know how to cut foam with my wing cutter so I am going to cut rolling foothills in this battle field.I think the levation changes will make it harder on your opponet from judt shooting randomley and killing you.I will keep you posted I was thinking what is cool about this scale of tank is you could go to you your favorite bar or game room and bring your battle field with you and have little wars.I was killing time today at Kaybee toys waiting for sportmart to open they have micro machine soliders they are the perfect scale plus they are on sale.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:36 AM

Couldn't you fill in the hole with some of that expanding foam in a can stuff? From the pix you posted it looks like you are quite handly with foam fabrication so your second try will prolly be way better anyway.

You mentioned playing at the bar. I can tell you first hand that it is very popular at my local bar. It has started drawing some of the college students from NIU. It's great to see some new faces in the old watering hole.