TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Other Tiny RCs > Other Tiny RCs

Old 07-09-2006, 07:07 PM

metl-tech racers xxaps update check it out

if anyone remebers the xxaps or metl-tech racers that were supposed to come 2 years ago i think they finally did i am gonna get 1 lipo batteries 8 different frequecies fully proportional steering and throttle here is a link where they are sold http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...d/3561/sc/7544 and here is a link with info on the cars http://www.bonzergear.com/html/metl_tech.htm
Old 07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
I process, therefore I am

I've seen these go on Ebay for around 40-50.00 bucks. The retail price listed on the website is more, but it's not the cost for me. I think you may be getting your moneys worth with the motors and electronics used in these cars.
I do have two gripes.
First, the metal bodies. That's an easy one to fix as many HO scale slot car bodies will fit these things.
Second, and this is the big one. I hate that stupid controller. I know it's gonna be a pain to drive the car let alone race with it. I know the company is trying to market the thing as an expensive executive desk toy perhaps to offset the eyebrow raising sticker price. But, I think they've made a very disasterous marketing and branding blunder.
They should have branded these things as very high end micros for the discerning hobbiest. That means a cool pistol TX and some tire/wheel upgrades. It has several frequencey choises built in, so they kinda get past not having interchangeable crystals. But, If they don't at least offer another TX with a wheel and start showing an eager hobbiest gripping the thing in his sweaty mitts rather than a stuffy corporate suit, the things might as well never be unpacked at the docks.
One last thing. I would suggest they fire the guy who said, "Well, 70.00-80.00 bucks is easy pickins if we make it look like a status toy for self absorbed 20-30 something executives."
Hobbiest, the main market fer pete's sake, aren't gonna touch em if they think they are just a flash in the latest Spencer Gifts catalog.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:14 PM

wow i received it

i got this car yesterday and it is so much better than any other micro ( digi-q, zip, zap, epoch, bit ) i know i have had them all the steering is fully proportional about 22 steps on both sides! it ran for about 30 minutes. i was supprised by the controll it is not as bad as it looks with 2 hands it funtions almost like a pistol exept no trigger. i am impressed. and i have had every kind of rc car there is from 1/8 and 1/10 gas to 1/10 1/18 1/24 1/28 1/43 1/64 electric the only thing that bothers me is the speeding of the steering is a little slow but it is accurate and does not wander.

on the box it says the manufacters web site will have new models that are coming out www.metltech.com but it doesnt seem to load. here is a copy of a ebay link were they are going for 40 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-METL-TECH-LI...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Pictures, Videos!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:35 PM

wow i received it

i got this car yesterday and it is so much better than any other micro ( digi-q, zip, zap, epoch, bit ) i know i have had them all the steering is fully proportional about 22 steps on both sides! it ran for about 30 minutes. i was supprised by the controll it is not as bad as it looks with 2 hands it funtions almost like a pistol exept no trigger. i am impressed. and i have had every kind of rc car there is from 1/8 and 1/10 gas to 1/10 1/18 1/24 1/28 1/43 1/64 electric the only thing that bothers me is the speeding of the steering is a little slow but it is accurate and does not wander.

on the box it says the manufacters web site will have new models that are coming out www.metltech.com but it doesnt seem to load. here is a copy of a ebay link were they are going for 40 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-METL-TECH-LI...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 PM

yes i try to post some
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM

So you think it better than an Epoch aye? That's pretty darn good. The controller still puts me off, and if I did buy, I'd need two of em for racing. I'm still a bit hesitant at this point.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
I found an old old post by yakboy over at bitbimps, he posted a vid of his Metl Tech (aka Pocket Racer Pro, aka Xxap).

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/ph...ech%20Edit.wmv

After watching that, I just don't see how you could compare it to an Epoch. The Metl tech seems quick enough, but with that delayed response to control it just seems like it would be more frustrating than fun to run in a tight course.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
delayed response to control
Not good. I'm gonna have to see more of these things before I buy.
The video is pretty cool. The car looks fast and torquey. Ya gotta love Mom comin in and fishing through a drawer during the big race, lol.

Last edited by Azimov; 07-15-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Just got mine. It's pretty nice. The only bad thing I have to say is that the antenna is a copper strip that runs along the bottom of the car. Mine has cracked in two places already. Other than that, it's a pretty nice little rc car.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
The only bad thing I have to say is that the antenna is a copper strip that runs along the bottom of the car.
I like this idea. I never liked the way out of scale look of the raw wire sticking out of these micros.
I liked chilli's removable antenna the best for it's looks. It made the micros look like their larger scale counterparts. But, they still look like those huge CB whip antennas on these tiny vehicles.
Quote:
Mine has cracked in two places already.
Do you mean the copper strip has cracked twice already and you just got it? This bothers me alot. Are you running it on smooth surfaces or are you stunt jumping off the coffee table? Just wondering about the robustness of these things now.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I've bumped into walls and that's probably how the antenna cracked. A touch of solder and it's fixed.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:04 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Ok. Car #1 has bit the dust. Sounds like a gear has stripped. The wheels won't spin anymore. Back it goes...
Old 07-29-2006, 05:42 PM

Not good. Anyone else bought one of these?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:55 PM
I really should change my title...

I have bought one as well but i dont use it too much. i broght it on holidays with me and am gonna test it on my cousins hard wood flooring house. seeing as that the whole house is hardwood this should be.... fun