TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-25-2003, 07:09 PM
<(- -)> <- Yoda

Angry suspension springs are stupid

Ok, I got my Tomy springs...they're terrible! I tried them in my bit- too much tension. I cut them to about 1/4 the original length and the car still ramdomly turn. They are the exact same length, I've spent over 2 hours trying to tweak them. Don't bother with them, I can't believe some people say that they help steering. The only thing they do is add more friction and prevent steering.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Holy Crap!

Send a message via AIM to ugh
Yup, your right. I tried to do that with a pen spring, and I worked for over an hour to try to make them work. They screw up your steering and just don't work! It was a total waste of time.
I am very stupid when it comes to anything concerning tiny radio control cars, but at school it is a different story (I know none of you care what my life is like at school). Please do not criticize me for being idiotic and asking stupid questions that I should know. I have no skills when it comes to modding and driving Microsizers and other micro radio control cars. Please help me to raise my self-esteem. I don't handle criticizm well and when I do, I usually go cry into a pillow and scream and break things. In short, be nice to me (it may be hard though through all of my annoyance). Thanks pal!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:09 PM
strider_mt2k

While my home made pen springs didn't make my steering erratic, it DID open up the turning radius quite a bit.
I ended up removing them.
I've been using MS stabili since then.

I just finished a dual-cell internal mod, and the incredible speed this car has makes me want to try them again, in hopes of keeping the car controllable.
The steering is just too twitchy at really high speeds. The car rolls over!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:16 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Kenkudaki
Maybe you're just unlucky. MY steering springs work beautifully.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Retarded Stunt Driver

tyco roadhugger springs work like a charm. i dont have to cut them at all. ive installed them in clones bits and zipzaps.

they are noticably better than the "stabilizer" piece of plastic
Old 03-30-2003, 04:32 AM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
ok, i need to find some stronger steering springs for my 56' pickup big wheel. the current spring dosent turn back to center like i want it to.

Hog.. are those road hugger springs steering springs or suspension springs. and where can i find these..
Old 03-30-2003, 05:14 AM
Promoted to Pleb

i used mine for a 4x4 mod. they work perfect for that.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:06 AM
strider_mt2k

Since my last post on the subject I've put a se on my dual cell, and these are perfect!
No more flippy on turns!

I also found a slot car tune-up kit at my local hobby shop that has perfect springs in it.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:41 AM
TinyRC Pro

I bought a set from QFM and it took a while before I installed them/tested them out. I was skeptical, but to my surprise they actually DO work! My dual cell flips over a LOT less, now. I have an internal dual cell (without springs) that flips over a ton more than my conventional dual cell with springs.

On a side note, QFM hasn't sent my order from March 13th, yet. And they haven't responded to my email, either. I'm a little surprised. Anyone else have any problems with them?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Garage Rocker

Anyone ever tried the springs that come with Modifiers?

They looked to be the right size, but I don't know how stiff they are.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Retarded Stunt Driver

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
ok, i need to find some stronger steering springs for my 56' pickup big wheel. the current spring dosent turn back to center like i want it to.

Hog.. are those road hugger springs steering springs or suspension springs. and where can i find these..
tyco springs are for suspension. the really do help in high speed turns. you can see one side dip lower than the other. also on any slightly bumpy surface you get a much smoother ride.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:30 PM
BitPimp Enforcer

On a side note, QFM hasn't sent my order from March 13th, yet. And they haven't responded to my email, either. I'm a little surprised. Anyone else have any problems with them? [/b][/quote]

I ordered from them once, REM, Springs, Bat, etc. No problem at all. Order came in a lil over a week. Pop 'em another email. They seem to be pretty good fellas.

DarkTari

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!
Old 03-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Promoted to Pleb

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
Spanky -

RCmod.com sells the exact ones that Hog is talking about. Oh, and they're suspension springs.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
yea i can buy the suspension springs at my hobby shop for a buck or two.. they were cheap. i just ordered some steering springs from rc-mod. hopefully they will help..

i originaly posted here thinking everyone was talking about steering springs... i just did a search for springs. anyway this is another mod i plan on doing...
Old 03-31-2003, 08:32 PM
0reZepyT

i found the tomy springs from qfm were pretty soft. i cut them to the perfect size and they gave me the tightest turn i've seen but it came at a cost....a bit too much speed and it flips or on a slippery surface the rear end slides out. i alleviated some of the flipping problem with a stabilizer bar to keep the spring from compressing too much and it helped a lot. it'll still flip on fast turns but it performs better on bumpy surfaces like my carpet
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.