TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Tracks

Old 01-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to zzultimate Send a message via MSN to zzultimate
Xmod Point Series!

Hello!

A few of us have been working on getting a point series going for xmods. Any questions can be asked in this topic. Have fun.

Here are the rules. The 1st official season starts on Sunday, January 7th. Times must be in by January 14th, 12:00PM Central time.

Xmod Point Series Official Rules

1. All participants must make the track EXACTLY as drawn. Surfaces to be raced on are hardwood or linoleum, concrete, and carpet. If one does not have hardwood, they can use linoleum, and vise versa. Barriers can be anything, however, I reccomend pvc pipe. Rope, dowels, ect. can be used.
2. Participants are to use a stop watch of some sort (including cell phones, watches, and computers) to time 50 consecutive laps clockwise.
3. Times are to be submitted to this address p i n k_s o c c e r 0 9 @ h o t m a i l . c o m (minus spaces)
4. Times must be submitted by Sunday 12:00 PM Central time of the race week. When submitting, please state what class, along with the mods done to the car.
5. Times will be posted in this topic.
6. The points will be given to all participants in the fallowing order

1st- 20 pts
2nd-15 pts
3rd- 12 pts
4th- 10 pts
5th- 8 pts
6th- 6 pts
7th- 5 pts
8th- 4 pts
9th- 3 pts
10th- 2 pts
11th and below- 1 pt.

7. The person with the most points at the end of the season will be declared Xmod Point series Champion.
8. The race season will last 23 weeks.
9. Each race will be held every other week.
10. There is no entry fee, and one can join or drop out anytime in the season.
11. There is no specific day on which you have to race. If you are going to be gone on Sunday, race on Saturday, and submit times.
12. Classes are as fallows. Stock- Xmod Evo or Gen 1 out of box, NOTHING else.
RS upgrade- Any up grade to your Xmod that is packaged in an Xmod package bought from RS including AWD, tires, bearings, body kits, ect.
Open- Any mod, bought or homebrewed. Including more/different cells, custom motors, FET’s, ect.
13. Participants can race in all off the classes, as long as their car permits it.
14. Cheating will not be allowed. If one is caught cheating, their score will return to zero, and will be suspended for the season.
15. A prize is not promised for winner.
16. Have Fun!

Race Schedule

Jan 7th- Track one on hardwood
Jan 21- Track one on concrete
Feb 4th- Track one on carpet
Feb 18th- Track two on hardwood
Mar 4th- Track two on concrete
Mar 18th- Track two on carpet
April 1st- Track three on hardwood
April 15th- Track three on concrete
April 29th- Track three on carpet
May 13th- Track four on hardwood
May27th- Track four on concrete
June 10th- Track four on carpet.

Tracks

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Season starts Sunday! Good luck!

Xmods:
Drifter-05 mustang- AWD, PVC drift wheels, bearings.
Racer -Dodge Viper- Custom body, Flipped wheels, suspension upgrade, steering upgrade, tire upgrade, stage two.

Last edited by zzultimate; 01-07-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to drewdown84 Send a message via Yahoo to drewdown84
question on the batteries... so to be in the stock class... you have to use the green radioshack NiMH batteries that come with the xmods charger or what? or as long as your car has 4 AAA cells you can race in STOCK and RS MOD classes? im thinking i might use my mustang for STOCK or RS MOD classes... and im definitly in for OPEN class with the firebird... and 50 laps isnt too much? iono never done this before...

H2 -> 6 Cell, RS Bearings, AWD, Lift, Body

05' Ford Mustang -> Custom Tamiya Paint, Light Kit and thats it cuz it aint a GM... gonna get a 6 cell when my girl learns to solder...

Traxxas T-Maxx .15 -> Aluminum chassis parts... soon to get a custom light kit...

Associated RC10GT -> RPM bulkheads...
Old 01-03-2007, 06:20 PM

No restrictions on batts.

50 laps will go by very quickly. Try it out. If you think we should change it, I can. I've never done this either.

EDIT: If you would like to participate. Please post here letting me know.

Xmods:
Racer -Dodge Viper- Custom body, Flipped wheels, suspension upgrade, steering upgrade, tire upgrade, stage two.

Last edited by zzultimate; 01-03-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to anticasper86
if someone could email me on the final FAQ and answers of the above questions, and final rules that would be awasome surfer2122@hotmail.com

SCION
4WD
yellow suspension front axle
blue suspension rear axle
drift tires
decals kit
stage 2 motor 9-25
reachargable rs batteries
NSX
rs rechargables
stage two white
body kit
foam tire
CIVIC
rs rechargables
AWD
body kit
metal bearing
stage two red
yellow front/ back suspension
tie rods
Old 01-07-2007, 01:22 AM

PVC track materals

ok... so i figured out the bare minimum of pvc piping needed to build these four tracks... assuming you cut all pipe pieces to 5 feet long... here it is:

01 - T Fittings
08 - L Fittings
04 - "Straight" Fittings (to connect two 5' pieces into one 10' pipe)
12 - 5 Feet Lengths of PVC pipe (60 Feet total)

...this is what i'm going to purchase from the local hardware store...

05' Ford Mustang -> Custom Tamiya Paint, Light Kit and thats it cuz it aint a GM... gonna get a 6 cell when my girl learns to solder...

Traxxas T-Maxx .15 -> Aluminum chassis parts... soon to get a custom light kit...

Old 01-07-2007, 09:56 AM

Anti- What exactly do you want?

Thanks for doing that drew! I havn't even thought about how much I need to buy. I was just going to buy 100 feet. You saved me some money.

1 week guys!

Xmods:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:40 PM

work and 1 question

gonna go to my girls place today... gotta take her back to the dorms... but maybe tuesday morning i'll go buy the stuff... and try to find the place that imma do the first race... gonna be difficult tho... 10 hour nights at work from monday till thursday (3.30p till 2.00am) and then normal 3.30p till 12.00am on friday then going into work on saturday 8.00a till 4.30p... heh... fun stuff... gonna love the pay on saturday tho... 50 dollars an hour... gonna buy me a T-Maxx with that money... k... one last thing... could we get a schedule up with actual dates instead of week 1, week 3... and so on... that'd be coo... thanks people... laters for now...

Old 01-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Woah! Where do you work?!

Check up there ^. Dates posted.

Xmods:
Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 PM

Sdg&e

the local gas and electric company... Sempra Utilities is their parent company name... the 10 hour days and overtime saturday is cuz we are backed up on doing all the repairs and maintenance on the vehicles... and thank you... so the times are due next saturday?

Last edited by drewdown84; 01-07-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM

4. Times must be submitted by Sunday 12:00 PM Central time of the race week. When submitting, please state what class, along with the mods done to the car.

That would be Sunday the 14th.

Xmods:
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Holy poop! I just got my pipe and had to cut off an arm! It cost 50 bucks!!

One day guys. You'd better get racing!!

Xmods:
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM

=/

::SIGH::

didnt make the first cut off date...

worked 56 hours this week... didnt get the piping to make the track... then i bought a t-maxx and rc10gt... got those up and running... not to mention my firebird has a broken front knuckle... so i get to order GPM parts for that... wow... busy busy week... now im at my girlfriends place... so no chance for this one... i'll get in the second run... wednesday morning im defininitly probably might go and get the piping... ...

Old 01-14-2007, 08:29 PM

Ah man, sorry to hear. I got my run in. I got the piping on saturday. It was more pricey than expected.

Get ready for next race!

Anti- You still in?

Xmods:
Old 01-16-2007, 12:56 PM

just wondering... but that 60 is your points? if so shouldnt all the different classes be different... stock, RS mod, & open.... if thats the case it'd be 20/20/20... just wondering... and i'll beat you next round... no worriez...

Old 01-16-2007, 03:57 PM

What do you mean? I got 20 point for winning stock, 20 for winning rs mod and 20 for winning open. That's 60 pts.

Oh, it's on like donky kong!!

Xmods: