TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-04-2006, 10:42 PM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
would this work

k i bought some audio 18gauge wire from rs just wondering if it would work on my xmod

k the pic im showing below is how it looks the part thats circled is the wire sticking out. now i dont know if thats gold or copper or silver (looks gold to me though) but would electricity still be able to flow through that wire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wire.jpg (225.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 08-05-2006, 12:28 AM
I process, therefore I am

OK, I'll bite. Yes, that is stranded copper wire. Yes, it will conduct electricity. Will it work on your Xmod? I ain't gotta clue since I don't know what you are doing and I suspect neither do you. Seriously, you need to read some books on electronics before you destroy your car.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:21 AM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
k i know your a bit pissed at me but im asking one question. its insulated with the same material as a normal wire and the wire would still bridge a connection and let electrons flow but i just found it weird that on the box it said ONLY for audio speakers. and i doubt in the begginers electronics text its says anything about "speaker wires". also on the box it said gold and silver and to hook up silver to the negatives and gold to the positive. just asking which is a better conductor also. and i would have bought the normal 18g wire but the rs guy said this would work and im starting to doubt him a bit now .so dont get all mad at me i read theese forums thoroughly if i want to do something to my xmod, im not an idiot nor am i the best i just know enough stuff to not completely f' up my xmod

edit: yes i know its speaker wire and im doing a lithium ion installation

Last edited by bengali548; 08-05-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I process, therefore I am

Quote:
i just found it weird that on the box it said ONLY for audio speakers. and i doubt in the begginers electronics text its says anything about "speaker wires"
That's because it looks alot like standard stranded wire used in extension cords, but won't carry house current without heating up. This is why it is labeled as audio only. It is probably overkill for your application.
And, yes, if you took the time to read up on beginners electronics, you would find that understanding the different types of conductors and their uses is very basic knowledge that is covered.
Quote:
also on the box it said gold and silver and to hook up silver to the negatives and gold to the positive.
Again, this is only to ensure you hook everything up on your stereo correctly and has nothing to do with conductiveness.
Quote:
so dont get all mad at me i read theese forums thoroughly
I'm not mad at you at all. I'm getting discouraged by the fact that I've been telling you where all these answers are, but you won't take the time to look. Theses answers aren't on the forums, they are in electronics texts and manuals. They are inexpensive and everywhere. The library. RS has one I think. Namuna supplied a link and made it a sticky. A simple Google search will turn up dozens of websites that teach basic electronics. In less that half an hour, you could find the answer to any of these questions by doing some research.
All I'm saying is, if you want to do advanced modifications to your cars, then you need to at least understand basic principles. We like to help people with their questions, but when we keep telling you were to look and you refuse, what can we do?