TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-12-2002, 01:36 AM

sweet DRR!

I just finished mounting the Aktiv Shop Mercedes DTM body on my Rocket racer. The car looks so good I don't want to drive it, but I did and it handels great. I had to adjust the wheelbase a little further that the stock hole accepts but the car handels good with this long wheelbase. here is a pic....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02472.jpg (57.9 KB, 458 views)
Old 12-12-2002, 05:58 AM
Fear the 1's and 0's

IRC...how would you say the DRR compares to the Mini-X and Mini-Z?

I dream of a day when schools receive enough money and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:49 AM

Comparing the DRR to the Mini X is tough. The Mini X is 4wd and the DRR is 2wd. both are good cars but the X will smoke the DRR when both are in stock form. The Mini Z has much nicer bodies but it does not have the performance potential the DRR does. The Mini Z TX is much better but the DRR has the 7.2v battery and 180 motor option the Z does not. I like them all and I think they all have + & - . I would run the DRR on a smooth surface or mainly a carpet track. The Mini X is good on all surfaces and the Mini Z is fun to run and doubles as a display model. Could someone else help with this comparison??
Old 12-12-2002, 08:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Siress
OFFFFFF COURSE I DO!

The mini-x is really just a tinkerers toy. It has alot of adjustable options like a bigger car but for that its heavy and easily breakable. Also, from what I understand, the motor can't be changed. Although I would guess that you could modify it if you realy needed to. Its slow, really slow. If you put the same electronics, same size motor, and same size batteries in the DRR, Mini-X, and Mini-Z, the DRR would win due to weight factors. The biggest thing Mini-Z's having going for them is that they are already owned by most of the mini racers since they were out big first. Another thing is that they have the turbo option. But they strip servo gears bigtime with that.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:44 PM

Have you owned a Mini X? my stock Mini X with a 7.2 battery is anything but slow and it is no heavyer than the DRR? Also why would you strip servo gears if you added a turbo to the Z. Please IM not trying to disagree, just wanted to put in some more input. Are shop sells none of the above cars so IM not siding with any of them.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:47 PM

I have actualy got to use 2 mini-q's. One of which did have a 6 volt mod to it. overall it is slower than the others. esp. in corners.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:49 PM

BTW IRC
I am looking at your site right now

I LOVE the look of that Road Racer! I may have to make me a mini rc car now...wish I had a CNC machine, I have everything but.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:18 PM

Due to the longer wheelbase for the Benz the stock shock was not long enough. I found this oil filled adjustable shock for a mini Z and it works great. The car was hopping some untill I added it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02480.jpg (59.4 KB, 424 views)
Old 12-13-2002, 06:15 AM
Fear the 1's and 0's

Ok Siress...where'd you get the weights from? I read in Mini&Micro mag(which wasn't what we got), and did a weight test myself on my Mini-X with the included 5 cell pack and all electronics, body and it weighed 7.1 ounces. The stock DRR (my friend just picked up) weighed in at a much heftier 8.7 ounces.

Also what is so easily breakable on the Mini-X? The only thing i have managed to break is the front motor pinion, but that has been fixed with a new upper deck. (pictures soon guys!!!)

Also the stock DRR verses the stock Mini-X yeilds the X out in lead by far. This is because of the extra traction of the 4wd. So i ran my Mini-X as 2wd (2wd motor is the exact same as the 4wd motor, just short shafted) against the same stock DRR, results:
Mini-X and the DRR faught tightly, but i thought my Mini-X did better in the acceleration off the corners, while his was more stuck to the corner and much slower to get off the corner.

**(note these our my friends and my findings, they were tested on a fair surface for both cars. We each took turns racing both cars to get the feel.)**

I dream of a day when schools receive enough money and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:01 AM
TinyRC Pro

VERYYY NICE IRC!

I like the way it looks and I am not a big Merc fan HAHA!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:08 PM

well of course, ANY 1/24 scale RC car will beat a stock DRR! The stock DRR is a pos. Its the potential that this car has that is so great. You get a stock DRR, put in a 180 motor ($25) and a NiMH 7.2volt 700mah pack ($16.50 from wal-mart, u have to solder them together) and the DRR will smoke ANY stock 1/24 scale car. Add foams to this and you get great traction to farther increase your performance.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:59 AM

Not to dog the DRR or start a my car is faster than yours but I dont think it will smoke the WWS car or the Aktiv car. These cars come with 180 motors, foam tires and the Aktiv comes with bearings. They also are set up for a 7.2 battery pack and the Aktiv has an aluminum motor mount (of course) To be honest my old Tamtec will smoke all of these cars
Old 12-14-2002, 03:19 PM
TinyRC Newbie

IRC, what motor, battery and wheels/tires are you using there?

l
Old 12-14-2002, 09:00 PM

I have 2 DRR cars and this one is running the ABC 180 motor, 600mAH NIMH battery pack and ABC foam tires on painted stock DRR wheels.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:55 PM

Ok, I have been needing to ask this question but just havent had the time. Can I get the DRR aluminum wheels and mount ABC foam tires on it and actualy have them fit with the same width?