TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-23-2004, 07:53 PM
3D Racer

electric superchargers

so i was watching some show on spike tv and they were installing a turbocharger into a ford mustang and they explained that it was basicaly a fan powered by the motor that forced more air into the air intake to increase speed and power. then i started thinking about how if you turn a motor mechanicaly (manually) it will act like a generator thus creating electricity. so if were able to hook a zipzap motor to a xmod motor and then maybe some sort of belt system to turn the zz motor it would generate electricity which would be sent directly back to the xmod motor. do you understand?
Old 05-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Tiny RC Guru

sorry to burst your bubble dude but for one thing a ZZ motor wouldnt do **** and for two it has already been thought of except it was usin a Xmod motor i never told anyone this but instead of being a generator i think it would just power both of the motors and decrease your speed but it would give you an assload of tourqe its a good idea but nobody thinks it will work and im not tryin to be mean at all im jus tellin you so if i sounded mean im sorry
Old 05-23-2004, 10:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Draconious
You cant get free energy, the effort to make power would be more than the power you made...

example (that I tried just for the heck of it..

4aaa cells hooked to
130 motor (like Xmod but mine ws Mini-z)
the motor shaft of this motor was hooked to another motor... wich was then connected to my volt meter...

it took 6 volts from those 4 cells to make about 2 or 3 volts pop up out of the other motor...

its not enough to bother with extra weight or mechanical drag... which would slow the car down 100x more than anything you would gain out of it (which would be basicly no gain).
Old 05-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Tiny RC Guru

yep thats what im sayin the drawbacks far outway the um good stuff lol

WWWWOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT MY 200TH. POST WWWWWWWWOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!1

Last edited by civic freak; 05-23-2004 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:57 PM
TinyRC Innovator

Send a message via AIM to microINNOVATION
i could be wrong but i think he means have your reg x mod motor running like reg and have the zip zap motor hooke up to it and the offput of running the car would turn the zz motor and generate electricity kida like a generator which could then be sent back in to the x mod motor thru the esc..im prolly wrong but it might work and honestly i have no clue how to do it ..so i prolly didnt help at all but it sounds like a good idea to me
Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Tiny RC Guru

thats exactly what hes sayin but....... electricity ALWAYS takes the easiest course and the easiest course is to power BOTH motors and not make the ZZ work like a generator.EVEN if it did work like a generator a ZZ motor wouldnt do **** you might as well not even do it. See here (i should really know what im talkin about after i got the **** beat out of my hopes here LOL):

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...ight=generator

Last edited by civic freak; 05-24-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:59 PM
3D Racer

isn't there some sort of electrical component(ex: resistor, transistor) that only alows electricity to travel one way or something.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:11 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Jshwaa
Quote:
isn't there some sort of electrical component(ex: resistor, transistor) that only alows electricity to travel one way or something.
Yes, it's called a Diode.

Quote:
You cant get free energy
Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it merely changes forms. The ZZ motor being used as a generator is defeating the purpose. Even if the ZZ motor was 100% efficient(which is practically impossible) you're only going to be exchanging an equal amount of mechanical force for an equal amount of electrical. So you'd be taking mechanical force from the main motor to run the ZZ motor that will be giving the electrical force right back to the main motor. There would be no gain, and since the ZZ motor is nowhere near 100% efficient, you would actually be taking a drastic loss by doing so.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:01 PM
5Zigen

Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_DRIFT
Quote:
Originally posted by Draconious

its not enough to bother with extra weight or mechanical drag... which would slow the car down 100x more than anything you would gain out of it (which would be basicly no gain).
yeah basicly what he said...

OMFG!1!!1!!one!1!
MY 200something"th POST!!1!!!!!!!!
LOLLERSKATEZ!111!!!!!

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 05-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Tiny RC Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by SHIFT_DRIFT

OMFG!1!!1!!one!1!
MY 200something"th POST!!1!!!!!!!!
LOLLERSKATEZ!111!!!!!
are you makin fun of me?

why do you curse God what has he done to you?
Closed Thread