TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-18-2002, 06:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Draconious
My Conclusion on BitChar-G Quality (Tomy Version)

Well I bought 5, had them for a few days now... so still relatively new to the deeper aspecs of the bit charge, those that see me post on Mini-ZRacer.com know im not new to smallish RC though .

Any way, this has probly been stated a million times, but...

I came to the conclusion that the Bit CharG with the clear transmitters and big G on them, SUCK! period. The range total sucks, and does not apear to be fixable on the 2 I have.. I tried everything listed... the range is still less then the length of the TX antenna!

However the (I hope they are the new ones) the Bit CharG I bought that came with Silver/blue transmitter, and 2.2 motors RULE, the range was beyond what I was expecting on one of them, and was ok (but increased to great by unkotting the wire) on the other....

Drastic quality difference.... I hope the silver/blue ones are NEW and will be continued production, and the orange button G ones ore the old ones... cuz they suck.

I have a 35mhz of each new/old... the silver TX one works great, the other hardly works at all. The two sets I have on 35 MHZ are the 3 body GTR skyline set (IT SUCKS DONT BUY IT!!, its cheaper for a reason!) and the blue skyline body set wich works great, with out unkotting the wire. The blue skyline I have yet to go out of range, my living room isnt long enough! but I did notice a bit of random interferance, hardly noticable so far.

I also had a 57mhz with orange TX buttons, and it sucked... range less than length of Antenna...

I have (2) 27mhz white skylines the one I opened worked ok, required the antenna to be unkotted to work though...

From now on I buy Microsizers or the silver/blue TX'ed bitcharges... the bad bitches also apear to have yellow diode things in the "capacitor" front corner of the car board... the better ones have black diode things there.. (if its a diode).

Any one that feels like trying to get the ones I declare BAD working... I will sell them at cost plus shipping to you, wich cost me about 25$ after shipping to my door for each one, but ill say 22$ each, and keep the Impreza body and one of the 1.0 motors, and the batteries in them...
The two sets in question are a 57mhz White Impreza set, but body not relavent since I plan to keep the body, and the 3 bodied Skyline Set, I dont realy want these bodies so Ill leave them in the deal... and maybe ill only keep 1 motor... cuz the 1.0 is WAY to slow, only want it for a 5 year old.
I will probly continue to tinker with them though... I realy hope to get my 57mhz working so I dont have to order another one... to have all 4 freqs.
I have already had offers to "part them out" but I dont want to unless som eone wants all the parts, some one else can always buy them from me and part them if they get it to work...

Last edited by Draconious; 12-18-2002 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 03:33 AM
Runs with sharp stuff

Sorry to break the news to you, but the silver and blue transmitters are the very first ones. The new orange/clear ones come on all the cars except for the Wild-Char-G and the Battle Chase sets. The older cars, G-01 through G-04, all come with the 2.2 motors and the silver transmitters. Unfortunately, they are not being produced anymore and are somewhat harder to find than the newer sets.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:58 AM
Bit Drag Racer

Send a message via AIM to TemjinNeo78
A chasis that have found to have excellent range was the speed racer chasis. Due to the small amount of interference, the car is my fastest and it goes the farthest. That is why i chose it to be my dual batt mod canidate(thanks to DKS).