TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 01-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Xmodder

Send a message via AIM to rs2000 Send a message via Yahoo to rs2000
Does it EVER go close to straight?

Hmm, well I took my xmod out today, even though it was 26 degrees out O.o, and discovered that it didnt run straight, I had run it before, but only indoors and on carpet, so it didnt achieve enough speed for me to really tell. But when I would get to about 1/2 speed on concrete it would be pulling pretty hard to the right, and my right wheel wobbles like crazy even if I hold the axle carrier and left tire. I have the servo centered and the wheel on tight, and am still not sure whats wrong. I considered that the axle that came with my AWD kit was made wrong, but dont want to go out and blow another 15 bucks on the kit, and cant take it back because half of my grease is gone and stuff. If i have to I might pick up another AWD kit and lock up my old BB diff for carpet running, but dont want to unless its the only possible solution. What should I try doing in this situation?

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-Stage 2 red SB hybrid motor (soon to be neo mags, BB can and BB endbell)
-IC-3 800 mAH bats - 4 cell
-AWD
-Blue springs up front, silver in back
-Aluminum locknuts at all four corners
-Locked rear diff for drift action!
[/color]

Last edited by rs2000; 01-06-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u
well

i heard that some awd kits were made with bent axles
Old 01-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Xmodder

Send a message via AIM to rs2000 Send a message via Yahoo to rs2000
Yeah, seems that way, next time i get something like this, ill test it before I get it all worn in and stuff lol. Well, im in the middle of putting my front end back together at the moment, its running straight now, well only slightly to the left. I just put a new tierod in, and put the axle i thought was bent on the left, and not on the right. Maybe I should invest in a GPM front end, would be kinda nice to have aluminum, and free up all of that slack in the front. It also seems that one of the axles has bad threading. The plastic nut never gets to fully tightened. Maybe some aluminum ones will solve that problem. Anyways, a word of advice, examine your axles that come with the AWD kit when you first buy them, before you install.

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-Stage 2 red SB hybrid motor (soon to be neo mags, BB can and BB endbell)
-IC-3 800 mAH bats - 4 cell
-AWD
-Blue springs up front, silver in back
-Aluminum locknuts at all four corners
-Locked rear diff for drift action!
[/color]
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 PM

bearings will make your handling tighter.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD