TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-18-2005, 09:39 PM

Talking Skyline GTR R35 Concept Brushless Xmod

ITS ON AGAIN

Those of you who found this project interesting I will post some updates.Lots of the project has been changed for the better.The body style is going to stay the same.

You really cant see any difference from this pictures to the ones from the past but Ive been working on more of the detail work on the body and trying to make room for all the electronics on the chassis. The Mamba ESC is hiding underneath the motor and servo I also ditched the plastic AA battery holders that was going to hold the li-ions. more to come soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02252.jpg (16.7 KB, 418 views)
Old 06-18-2005, 09:42 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02254.jpg (32.5 KB, 401 views)
Old 09-21-2005, 10:14 PM

This project is moving slow ,but you cant rush perfection .

This project has been revised a lot starting with a better battery holder(less resistance), Another servo and new nano reciever.

Im Just about finished with the chasis after I get it up and running again I can start on the body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02446.jpg (46.6 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by jon.jon; 09-21-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:54 PM
newbmaster

Send a message via ICQ to cdog4w Send a message via AIM to cdog4w
Those li-ions can't discharge more than 2A. Are they 14500's? 750mAh?

What BL motor is that, looks like a 20mm feigao or something? kV?

Looks like a neat project! Looks like you've beefed up the drive train for the power you will be putting through it. viperdout did his mamba xmod and he said it tore up bevel gears like no mans business, I was kind of suprised that was the only damage in the drivetrain, but I don't know which parts he had swapped out for GPM etc. Looks like you have replaced just about everything with GPM aluminum, so hopefully it will do well.

Ok,1 more question What motor mount is that?

My rides:
Xray M18, Duratrax Vendetta ST, Kyosho Mini-Z AWD, Losi Micro-T
Old 09-29-2005, 07:14 PM

Quote:
TuNeR1989
Looking good but why are you using li-ons these will no doubt not have a discharge rate that can withstand a brushless motors needs?
I was going to run 3 li-ions at first space got limited with the smaller pinion so now Im using 2. Run time was short but if I get 4 Ill be ok. Ive been thinking li-polys but I dont know if I want to go there yet.

The motor doesnt pull that much current max its 16amps but Im going to do my own test soon to see whats actually going on so I can feed it the power it needs.

Quote:
cdog4w
viperdout did his mamba xmod and he said it tore up bevel gears like no mans business
Yeah thats what he said, but I never had a problem with the gears if they properly mesh right he shouldnt have any problems. Well I take that back my first motor upgrade 180 team orion 16t pinion/blue bevel that pinion made its own teeth print in the bevel after that I never had a problem .

Quote:
5upraAwsome dude, cant wait to start my brushless project! Question...how much room is left when motor is mounted between it and the drive shaft?
With a 16t pinion around 2.40mm or .094in. Good luck with your project, take your time and itll come out as smooth as you want it to be.