TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-22-2003, 09:31 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Not Pleased with product (tomy)

Well, my first mini RC's came in today...a Supra and the skyline GT-R pack.

The supra was the first to go, worked perfectly. Great controll and fun to drive. It was slow as hell (1.0) but that can be fixed.

Then tonight I put together the skyline...

Its range is like 4 feet, and it stutters through turns like crazy. It is to the point where its undrivable.

Anyone have a problem like this? If so, what did you do? If I cant get it to work, Im probably going to write tomy and complain. Thanks guys =)

Note: the antenna on the car is smaller on the supra, but the controller antenna is longer. I read this was an america/japan thing, but since they were both Japanese, I guess its more of an old/new thing.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Bad Driver

The range on my Z is 7ft onobstructed/no where near large electric motors(dishwasher.) But my steering is fine.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Corolla Power!

Send a message via AIM to Pojo
Writing to Tomy...lol. I don't know if that's such a good idea, seeing as you're over in the US of A. As for the range, don't cry yet; just ask around here for range-improving techniques. www.questformadness.com has tons of projects to make your car better!

Old 01-23-2003, 07:56 AM
I come for your women

Your right they suck I will buy both for 5 dollars.

Offer me an amount for all my stuff:
- 9 bodies 2 Celicas, 1 Lancer, 1 Skyline, 1 S2000, 1 350Z, 2 RX7, 1 AM Rx7(most bodies with custom paint/decals email for pics)

- 2.6 Motor

- 57Mhz Chassis (all stock pieces)

- 1 Pull Back chassis

freakensteiner@hotmail.com
Old 01-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Retarded Stunt Driver

27mhz cars always get poor reception. the best 27mhz car ive seen got about 8foot. if you run another battery in your controller you could probably double your range.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:01 AM
TinyRC Pro

i got my 27 to run like 25-30 ft (new ant. and removed crippler in car) i have all sorts of range problems with the 35's i have. i did the same mods in both cars. oh well one is the drag car and the other is the track car
Old 01-23-2003, 04:35 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Gemmer

Its a 35 btw =) Its not like 7 foot range, its like 4 feet, as in the distance from the controller in my hand to the ground...

I have to hold the controller very close to the car and it still stutters. Today I swapped the engine with the supras, it works fine...So its not that. I also opened up the PCB for the first time and checked all of the soders and whatnot...it all seems fine. Dunno whats wrong with it.

I dont think it matters where a company is located...Im not asking for free stuff. I just think a company deserves to know they are making duds and leaving people like me unhappy.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:01 PM
strider_mt2k

I'm sure if you contact customer support they will address your problem.
If you haven't spoken to them yet, you are totally out of line.

ANY company can produce some duds ESPECIALLY in this case, becase Tomy is being smacked by all the sales of the clones!

I wouldn't be suprised if increased production pressures are producing a few more than usual too.

I have never heard bad things about people getting problems fixed, quite the opposite.

Last edited by strider_mt2k; 01-23-2003 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:14 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to dieselboy
Quote:
Originally posted by hogjowlz
27mhz cars always get poor reception. the best 27mhz car ive seen got about 8foot. if you run another battery in your controller you could probably double your range.
look again. With nwe batteries in my remote i get 20-30 feet inside unobstructed

Haven't tried outside yet.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:20 PM
strider_mt2k

Sounds like a good time to do the antenna mod too.
Pick a color...
Old 01-23-2003, 05:22 PM

its the motor then and not the reception becuase if you put a different motor in and it worked fine ther inlies your problem. Even companies that make motors for bitmod produce bum ones. Its a part of the manufacturing process.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Corolla Power!

Send a message via AIM to Pojo
It doesn't really matter at all if you get 5ft range out of the box. In no way does that mean you have a dud. Simply try a few "operations", such as the crip cap on the car and or controller, and the antenna mod. Don't go running to Tomy before you try the alternatives. If you need more info once again go to www.questformadnes.com

Old 01-23-2003, 11:17 PM

and btw, microsizers were made for a rande of 8-10 feet i belive. There are many possible reasons people have purposed, but i have gotten 30 feet out of my 27 mhz so i'm sure you can do it too

happy modding.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:02 AM
I'll think of something..

My Skyline Set gave me the same problem, 5 feet maximum range. I then killed my car trying to remove the cripple capacitor. Anyway, I bought a 35Mhz Black Celica, the car gets 10 feet of range with no stuttering. Somethings up with that skyline set.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Fear the 1's and 0's

Quote:
Originally posted by savage sound
i got my 27 to run like 25-30 ft (new ant. and removed crippler in car) i have all sorts of range problems with the 35's i have. i did the same mods in both cars. oh well one is the drag car and the other is the track car
From the photos you put up before you have all MotorWorks clones.

So they are different!

I dream of a day when schools receive enough money and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.