TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 10-06-2003, 07:33 PM

Ideas for modding Xmods.

I've been brainstorming in anticipation of the Xmods. Maybe we can all post some ideas for mods we can try on our Xmods here to keep us busy until they get here.

The first one I can think of is for lowering the cars. It's fairly easy and pretty much done the way some lower their real cars. I have yet to see the springs, but maybe you can just cut out a few of the coils to give the chassis a lower ride. Think it will work?
Old 10-06-2003, 07:35 PM
I Love Xmods

in the mini mag it's say's that is not a good idea to cut the springs
Old 10-06-2003, 07:45 PM

Yeah, and Radioshack said it wasn't good to mess with the Zip Zaps.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:41 PM
ridealot100

lol funny yet so true. i gotta get some underglow with all that room. oh and for wheel mods you could buy one of those huge dub city cars and use the wheels because some of those have spinners or spree weels
Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 PM
bite my shiny pimpmobile

if you want to lower and are thinking like a real car drill a small hole in the plactic that the spring is on and stick a metal bar in the hole and make shere it wont snap under the preser remove when you want a stock car this is a trick used with formula car but they raise the car so it can pass inspaction and of the start when the car goes the bar snaps and it goes to the ground
Old 10-06-2003, 08:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

Well I'll try to keep this short but I have a xmod already, I work for franchise radioshack and we already got 2 of them.

As for lowering them the chassis already sits really low, lowering the body is a possibility.

also the style motor that is in them is very common and we should be able to find some sick hobby motors for them, it looks like the mini-z motors will fit without a problem.

any questions just ask!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Monoaural.

Send a message via AIM to vtheo Send a message via Yahoo to vtheo
hmm, i am thinking of the other direction... wanna take these things offroad.... hey outlaw... write as much as you want you are one of the few owners of one right now....also on some other forum (not the OTHER forum) i saw a guy mention he had a mitzubishi....
Old 10-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Poopie monster

Send a message via AIM to oOfrog_BoyOo
hey howabout internal antenna just like a mini z one get a rectangle of lexan and drill some holes on easch on the long sieds thred ur antenna throu it and put on ur body
Old 10-06-2003, 09:21 PM

Speaking of wheel mods, I've seen some metal custom wheels for 1/24 scale models at my local hobby shop. They come all kinds of different styles. You can bet I'm gonna do some crazy wheel mods just like I did with the Zips.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:25 PM
bite my shiny pimpmobile

will mini z bodys fit on because there is a realy cool body here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kyosho-mzc27wrc-240x180.jpg (10.1 KB, 476 views)
Old 10-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Monoaural.

Send a message via AIM to vtheo Send a message via Yahoo to vtheo
mmmmm evo... must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:38 PM
bite my shiny pimpmobile

I know but mini z hope it fits on xmods o and that was a evo 7
Old 10-06-2003, 10:42 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by vtheo
hmm, i am thinking of the other direction... wanna take these things offroad.... hey outlaw... write as much as you want you are one of the few owners of one right now....also on some other forum (not the OTHER forum) i saw a guy mention he had a mitzubishi....
Actually that was probably me you saw about the mitsubishi, I was tired and not thinking clear when I typed that but I corrected myself farther down the post.

I'll just add here what I just added on another thread maybe it will have some good information for you guys.

well as far as a review I'm not sure what to say but I'll try.

This is very well built car, everything is screwed together and the parts are well made.

You have to screw the hood, bumpers, side skirts, spoiler and mirrors on the car.

This is not a good car for kids to work on without help it is going to be alot more work to change the parts on these cars (i.e. there are 4 screws that hold the motor in and you have to almost completely take aprt the whole car to install the awd kit)

The car is fairly quick right out of the box. It uses the same style motor as the mini-z and runs on 4 AAA's

Handling is also nice, but it would be nice if you could turn the wheels farther.

I have read that the car could achive 20mph with their best motor and gear setup, but with some of the hobby motors available and battery upgrades we might see close to 30mph if the rumor was correct.

I will try to get some pics up but my computer is running the Lindos OS, so I will have to try to do it at work.

If you have any more questions fire away! my AOL screen name is rnorth2156, feel free to contact me.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:03 AM

Thanks for the info outlawblaze! I'm looking foreward to experimenting with the motors and seeing what we can slap in these babies and what works. This is gonna be fun.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Wannabe TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to jamgunner
what kind of runtimes are you seeing? also i assume that using rechargarble aaa's will be the only (resonable) way to go?