TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-05-2008, 07:31 PM

Problem with LiPo

My micro T has the LiPo and it was running fine yesterday I charged when I was done and went to screw with it today and it does not run more than 2 or 3 minutes it runs fine one minute and then dies... doesnt slow up or anything DIES like the switch was turned off whats the problem?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 AM

bad battery or not vented right watch for recalls, i had a heli LiPo battery do that because it was not vented right
Old 09-01-2008, 02:42 AM

I'm having the same problem. I've been to my local hobby shop 2X, done a little trouble shooting myself & hit up the Losi website for info. (note: I also have a Micro baja w/ no probs)

Here's what I know so far:

First visit to hobbyshop loosened up tranny a bit, problem got better, but still persists.

Second visit to hobbyshop, second tech broke down the tranny & found nothing. Tech agreed that the tranny sounds 'wrong'. We both agree that something in the tranny is bunk because when you free spin one rear wheel they both turn in the same direction. Shop was closing, it's a holiday weekend, both agreed to do research on the web & contact Losi on Tue.

Spent the night changing the springs on my Baja & installing bearings. Also broke down the entire tranny on the Micro-T because it was just bugging me that we didn't know the prob. Nothing seems out of whack, but I found both the diff bearings to be sluggish & squeaky. A bearing shouldn't be noisy at all, unless it is bad. I believe I found the problem. $3.00 for new diff bearings on this site. Left everything disassembled for further review at the hobbyshop during round 3.

Looked at the Losi website & nothing about this type of problem is mentioned anywhere. However I noted that the Micro-T instructions tell you to loosen up your tranny. I should've thought about this. Any experienced R/C'er will check things on an RTR like the slipper clutch & make any necessary adjustments before actually running. Lesson re-learned, I guess.

I should mention that I have the LiPo in both vehicles & man that Baja screams! You just can't turn the darn thing at full tilt! Run times w/ the stock batt are just pathetic, but you better have some driving skill if you upgrade to the LiPo or this will quickly become as expensive as the larger scales.

I will post up more info & the actual solution if/when I get it.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:47 AM

1) Check if the LiPo feels "puffy" almost like there might be air in it...if so it's damaged.

2) Use a voltmeter to check it out, 4.2v is a full nominal charge.

3) Check if the electronics are fried...if worse comes to worse, check the LiPo's PCB.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:04 PM

Talking

No. It sounds like the esc is going into thermal shut down. It happens to almost every one with a stock esc and lipo battery sometime in their micro-t lifetime. The esc gets worn over time and cant take so much heat. It simply wimps out. You can check to see if this is the problem by doing this check. Run it like you normally would and when it stops turn it off then back on. It should run like normal for a few minutes the repeat itself. If this doesn't work try unpluging the battery after it happens and start it up again. It should run like normal for a few minutes the repeat itself.
If this doesn't occur it means that in the middle of the night a green alien came from pluto and sapped your car because he felt like it.