TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-18-2009, 02:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to DanielS
Testvideos for Dnano Track

Hi,
Yesterday I created 2 Testvideos for you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/32246817...Files.zip.html

One for Calibration - One for Racing.

And we included the most difficult situation aswell - 2 Differently Red Cars.

I know that might never work - yet I thought it's interessting for your testing.

Hope this helps - if you need other stuff just tell me.

BR
Daniel
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS View Post
Hi,
Yesterday I created 2 Testvideos for you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/32246817...Files.zip.html

One for Calibration - One for Racing.

And we included the most difficult situation aswell - 2 Differently Red Cars.

I know that might never work - yet I thought it's interessting for your testing.

Hope this helps - if you need other stuff just tell me.

BR
Daniel
Thanks much! I will try them out and see if I can make any improvements.

-Jim
Old 12-20-2009, 04:40 PM

Well, i want to but i can't dowload...i'm not a premium user...

Thanks
nuno
Old 01-31-2010, 04:32 PM

Just downloaded the software, picked up a webcam (could not get my Xbox Live Webcam to find or load the driver on my PC and just ran my first few races. Great product!!!

It has made practicing by myself a lot more fun. I just got started in Dnano's and this is a great solution to the expensive Kyosho system. If you are still looking for feedback for future versions, here are a couple of ideas.

1) View and save complete race statistics (I'm sure this is in the works)
2) A permanent view of your best lap time (would need to be able to input track name, maybe two or three track style max)?
3) Able to enter your car's description and save it to the race data (what car, it's set-up & hop-ups, etc.)
4) Being able to add an avatar for the drivers, or pic of car
5) Insert your own image in place of the Two Flags (ex. If you start a racing club, insert your logo)
6) Or being able to change the background design

All in all, great product and thanks for developing it...
Old 01-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Forgot, I had one question. Is there any reasons or issues with mounting the camera directly above the track so that it points straight down?

I want to make a permanent "starting arch" that integrates the camera for a nice clean look versus using my tri-pod. Let me know...thanks
Old 02-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Overhead camera mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Prime View Post
Forgot, I had one question. Is there any reasons or issues with mounting the camera directly above the track so that it points straight down?

I want to make a permanent "starting arch" that integrates the camera for a nice clean look versus using my tri-pod. Let me know...thanks
The only thing to be concerned with placing the camera or a mount over the track would be the shadow cast onto the imaging area. By using a tripod or looking down at an angle, you avoid the shadow. The shadow may or may not have a big effect, it depends on your lighting situation. But in general you want even diffuse lighting with no big shadows or highlights for the best results.

-Jim
Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Please post all suggestions / features in the Google Group

Quote:
If you are still looking for feedback for future versions, here are a couple of ideas.

1) View and save complete race statistics (I'm sure this is in the works)
2) A permanent view of your best lap time (would need to be able to input track name, maybe two or three track style max)?
3) Able to enter your car's description and save it to the race data (what car, it's set-up & hop-ups, etc.)
4) Being able to add an avatar for the drivers, or pic of car
5) Insert your own image in place of the Two Flags (ex. If you start a racing club, insert your logo)
6) Or being able to change the background design

All in all, great product and thanks for developing it...
Thanks for the kind words and feature suggestions. I'm trying to get everyone's ideas together in one place (I don't check TinyRC very often) so please post them at http://groups.google.com/group/easy-lap-counter.

Currently there is already a simple save / load / print feature.

Try them out and let me know if they work for you.
-Jim
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Easy Lap Counter 1.0.7

I've uploaded a new release of Easy Lap Counter which should improve car detection accuracy and overall performance.

I've also verified that ELC works on Vista 32-bit, provided Vista is fully updated.

And I've added simple contrast and hue saturation boost controls if your camera software does not offer them (PS3 Eye).

http://sites.google.com/site/easylapcounter/
Old 02-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Thanks. Will do. I'll be careful with the shadows. If they cause problems, I'll add some lights.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Will do. I'll be careful with the shadows. If they cause problems, I'll add some lights.
Even diffuse lighting works best. You want the camera to be able to see the cars clearly, but not have bright highlights or shadows.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Hi!
Wouldn't your software be perfect for iPhone?? What if you could place the iPhone next to the track and use it as a lapcounter with a version of your program! If you make such an app I'll be the first to buy it:-D
Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thats a very good idea. iphone has video and camera capabilities. lighting will have to be very good though. the iphone sucks as a camera really.