TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-26-2003, 09:39 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 2fast2cool
Exclamation awd crap???

i read that awd takes away alot of speed not to mention batry i reraly dont no whaat good it does u still counld go offrounding lol is this true and if so whhat would be good by buying it
Old 12-26-2003, 11:54 AM

Well it doesn't take away that much speed. I like it because I can go over rug mats without getting stuck and stuff like that. Plus the handling is better.
Custom 36t 28gauge ball bearing neo mag motor, Soft treaded tires, 5 spoke rims, AWD, Hard springs in the back soft in the front, lowered BC's way, 6 cell with I-C3s, and one awsome drifter/driver/racer.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:44 PM
itsme

I'm confused on how it would take more battery, it runs off a driveshaft that was there stock.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Got 4.2 King? I do : )

it doesnt really take battery life away. it lowers top speed a little bit. its not too noticeable though. if you do alot of driving on slick floor its a must. you will be able to go full throttle off the line nad hardly spin hte tires compared to 2wd that will fish tail off hte start. its basicly wanted if you get alot of wheel spin when taking off, orif you car is a little tail happy into the corners. other wise 2wd works just fine
1.5 degree toe in
hard slicks
Top Speed stage 2 motor
full bearings
AWD
6 spoke wheel upgrade
energizer rechargeables
6 Cell Upgrade
Old 12-26-2003, 07:44 PM
TinyRC PRO Modder

Yes it Is CRAPOLA

Cause them little Plastic pieces that make up the AWD just break
Old 12-26-2003, 08:21 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
i have to pleed ignorance, i got my x-mod with all the hop ups (red supra) and it flys, the awd dosent take away much of any speed but you will make up for it because you beable to corner a whole lot quicker, already my car flips if i make a sharp turn.. and as for assembling, its a pain in th a55 it took me about 3 hours to assemble everything... btw my steering veers to the left and its a pain to have to adjust it everytime i turn it on, can i mechanicly center the steering?
Old 12-26-2003, 08:54 PM
TinyRC Pro

speednplaya...i got the exact same thing as you was just wondering about how fast do you think your car goes with the stage 2 road race motor? J/w cause ive had problems with mine and think ive fixed it by now.
Now back on topic....imo the awd is great ive had a barely noticable loss in speed and great handling and its not broken yet!!
Old 12-27-2003, 12:18 AM
TinyRC Pro

I have now experienced all three drive trains and IMO:
AWD is the best for slick floors where the RWD will flip around
RWD is better for little rougher concrete such as tennis court because of no lag from the other end of drive shaft
FWD is best for track racing with turns, especially if there is an 180 degree turn you can smoke any one

These are not the thoughts or actions of anybody except myself and I am a mere pion
Old 12-27-2003, 12:14 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
hey 93Supra0wner, well honestly im not sure, and also i have a 20X25 living rooms with tables and what not so i havent been able to get on it for more than a second or to, a guesstimate would be around 15-18MPH, o yea i have a "Hoppin Hydros Motor" its bigger than stock so i assume its a 180size... anyway this thing will be a beast, the guy had said mirco rs4 racers have gotten to about 30MPH+ with a 12 pinion (which i just bought)and can spin tires at any time, i havent put it in yet cause im not sure if it will burn the esc or not, any ideas?? please help