TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-11-2003, 09:15 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 2fast2cool
Exclamation Nos!!!!

i havbe an idea for nos get 1 of those realy small co2 cartridge and jet it up for sumtin to breack the seal like a small nedel or knife and hook it up to a moter and u press a but ton on the control and ir pierses the co2 seal and zooooooom gone
Old 12-11-2003, 09:39 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Lightbulb

does any 1 think this is a good idea
Old 12-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Mad Scientist

You do realize that this would have no benefit whatsoever, right?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
DDR PIMP

I'm not trying to be mean, but do you even understand what you're talking about? Do you understand how nitrous works? Nitrous only works on combustion engines, not electric motors.

I don't want to dog on you, just suggest that you do a little research before you put an idea forward.

I recommend you go to a few sites:

How engines work

how nitrous oxide works

how electric motors work

Read through that site and you'll understand why nitrous is not applicable for these cars.

EDIT: nvm. I didn't realize you were posting about CO2, not N2O. I still don't think it would be a very worthwhile idea. It would be a pain to rig up, a pain to buy new bottles, and the speed would be very short-lived and only suitable for drag races.

Thunder Charger

Last edited by Snow; 12-12-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:07 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I don't think he meant NOS in the literal meaning. Even the ZipZaps have "NOS" motors, NOS is now becoming a word associated with go fast goodies.

I think what you mean is that the CO2 would spray and hit the gear, therefore making it spin faster, along with the motor and drivetrain.

I don't think this will work for several reasons.

1) The jet would have to hit one side of the gear perfectly without pushing on the otherside to have the intended effect.

2) It would be so quickly done, there would be no real effect except maybe losing control.

3) You'd need a 3-channel radio and quite a bit of equipment, no amount of gas is going to make up for all that added weight.

Don't be discouraged. Always think outside the box. No matter how crazy an idea is, write it down, share it with someone, something to make it stick. That particular idea may not work, but it might spark another idea that is totally awesome. Or maybe it will give someone else an idea, on the same subject or something completely unrelated. Its one of the first rules of engineering. No idea is bad while it is still in idea form.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:41 PM
itsme

Another idea on drag races!
Tape a few bottlerockets(small whistling or plain non-explosive ones up the back and a little before the race light the puppies up :P
Old 12-12-2003, 07:11 AM
TinyRC Newbie

noooo

not on the engin put it in the back and let the air push the car
Old 12-12-2003, 08:08 AM
TinyRC Newbie

I still think it would be too heavy, unless you used it at the very start of the race, the other car would be quicker to get off the line and would have several car lengths on you if you weren't to use it until mid-track.

A better idea for "NOS" is hook up a little 2 cell battery holder and wire it in so that you can switch it in when you want. Then again, why not use it all the time? But if you want the "NOS effect" you'd have to make it wired to come on and off.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:33 PM
DDR PIMP

If you read the very bottom of my post, you'll see that I realized what he meant. It reminds me of the CO2 cars my industrial technology class made in middle school. They were fast! However, the speed is very short-lived, and you'd have to put a new bottle on for every race. I would actually be interested in seeing it done. If someone figured out how to mount the tank and rig a puncturing system, it should work.

Thunder Charger
Old 12-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Gerbil Racing

Send a message via AIM to Skurge420
it would probably work....but is it really worth it......

all the time the co2 can isn't firing, its just added weight........which one outweighs the other?

AE86 Corolla GT-S Micro RS4

Skyline, 2x RSX, Civic, Vette and Supra XMOD..............
Old 12-13-2003, 09:07 AM
MY ENZO!!!!!!

why dont you rig an extra 2 channel controller to the rear of the xmod, have 1 servo puncture the can and have the other knock the cylinder off after it is used up

"What would you do for a Klondike Bar."
Old 12-13-2003, 12:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to MicroSpeed
Or you could attach a few model rocket motors to the back, have a 1 channel reciever hooked up to them, have a seprate push-button controller-and them BAM!, but you might want to make sure it's in a heat-proof container first, and that you're standing out of harms way while you do it, and that you DON'T do it inside-of course, that'd be pretty stupid anyway
Old 12-13-2003, 11:47 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I thought those had a blast cap on them to release the parachute.... So make sure you protect your xmod.... and make sure you're across the line before that blast cap goes off cuz you may just be going sideways after that.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:01 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to targatop7mgte
Quote:
Originally posted by MicroSpeed
Or you could attach a few model rocket motors to the back, have a 1 channel reciever hooked up to them, have a seprate push-button controller-and them BAM!, but you might want to make sure it's in a heat-proof container first, and that you're standing out of harms way while you do it, and that you DON'T do it inside-of course, that'd be pretty stupid anyway
my buddy and i in the airforce have beeing thinking about ideas like this since day one. we initially thought about CO2 bottles like those modle cars most of us made in shop class back in middle school but we quickly realized that it would take to much to make it work. next we went onto model rocket engines, since we do that on the side. the concept is simple and WORKS. if any of you know about model rocket engines. you'll know how it lights a little fuse that is plugged into the exhaust side of it. you then put some voltage through it. it ignites and sparks the rocket and BOOM you have lift off. here's what you do. first lay down some aluminum foil on the rear of the car so that it won't but the car. next strap it onto the roof w/ duct tape making sure its 1)level 2)centered. and have the end hang off the roof a little bit so the blast has room to fie w/o hitting the car. now for the fun part. you need a light assembly for this. simple cut on of the REAR lights off. then extend them and put gator clips on the ends of each wire. then run them under the rear bumper and to the front. w/ the fuse in place in the rocket. simply clip the gator clips onto each side of the fuse. and your set to go. assemble car line up to race. now here is how you use it. when going down the strip simply TAP the breaks. this will send a jolt through the lines and ignite your rockt and BAM your GONE!!!

cautions: DO NOT HIT THE BREAKS BEFORE YOUR READY TO USE IT. sever injury WILL occure (i'll vouch, my dumba$$ friend thought it would be great for laughs to punch it will i was holding the car)

also make sure you have enough runway .

and no not ALL engines have a blast cap. you can buy some rockets that don't blast when their spent.

this DOES work. i have an xmod rigged like this.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:14 PM
I really should change my title...

Not to butt in or anything, but why don't you just do a 6 cell mod, and set the car on low throttle. When you are driving, switch it to high throttle and THERE is your NOS!

Wedginator posted a tutorial on how to wire a button switch to your car, and then push that button for faster speed.

Just my 2 cents.