TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Moderator - Modifier

Tomy 4band Controller Ringtones !?

We get tech questions like mad at our site QuestForMadness.com on a daily basis, but this one I HAD to post. One of our customers purchased a timing capacitor from our site for his 4band remote. The timing cap has only been proven to work on the regular controllers so he must have done a little experimentation. In any case he emailed back claiming to have activated a ringtone in his controller! Now while I have no reason to doubt him, I am highly skeptical, so I am asking if anyone else here knows of this feature? He didnt email us to brag, but to ask how it happened, which unfortunately I was at a loss to answer. If you know anything about this feature please reply, and I will post a mod. If noone else can prove it was discovered prior to this, then I will give him the credit for it.

Here is a copy of his email:

I just noticed it this week my 4 band remote plays a ringtone. It's hard to believe, but it happend to my remote. Whenever I charge my car and press one of the turning buttons it plays Celine Dion's Titanic song and when I stop and press it again it continues the ringtone. I wish I could show the sample clip, but the file is too big to email as a file and zip file. Any of you guys know anything about this or discovered it before me?

EJ Lozano - San Jose, Ca

Sincerely,
QuestForMadness.com

Old 03-09-2003, 09:03 PM
i am po

Whoa thats sorta scary,...if it happend to me i wouldnt touch the controller anymore. haha, i'll probably send it back to QFM and let them play with it
Old 03-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
Celine dion's music is the work of satan so I believe that the gentleman has a possesed controller.
On a serious note though it would be cool if possible, useless but cool anyway, but being able to program it would be a must (refer to first sentence)

Meh.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Retarded Stunt Driver

haha thats funny. tomy engineers must be really messed up in the head.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:42 PM
smoove operator

Quote:
Originally posted by hogjowlz
haha thats funny. tomy engineers must be really messed up in the head.
agreed... I mean Celine Dion, that's just cruel
Old 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
got BITS?

Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbb
agreed... I mean Celine Dion, that's just cruel
Thats what my friend Peter would have said in exact quotation. I'd open my controller up & try to change the ringtone to maybe The Wines Get Free or somthin cool
Old 03-09-2003, 10:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to nghts
HAHAHAHAHAHAH....I dunno to believe this guy..seams like he is trying to be funny or something
Old 03-09-2003, 10:42 PM
AA member

Send a message via ICQ to strakka Send a message via AIM to strakka Send a message via Yahoo to strakka
i guess no of us will know until someone else tries or has done this mod.......lol celine dion.....thats the stuff that you make people listen to if you want them to go insane...... maybe it depends on the button you press. i mean think of it theres 8 buttons you can press so..... 8 songs??? i hope...id hate to listen to celine dion for a whole 90 secs
Old 03-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Chunk

LMAO!!

Do the 4ch remotes even have a speaker?
imaginary friend.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:43 PM
AA member

Send a message via ICQ to strakka Send a message via AIM to strakka Send a message via Yahoo to strakka
ROFLMFAOSIFO it doesnt....lol lol lol lol lol
Old 03-10-2003, 12:07 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to dumboi07 Send a message via Yahoo to dumboi07
ROFLMAO!!!

thats bull... no piezo speaker, probs his cell phone going off in the next room. lol! what a loser listens to celine dion.....

hey, btw im selling a mess of BCG's because im in to 1/10 racing now, and its got the trueno kit thing (its been so long ive forgotten already!) oh yeah full tune up kit or something the initial d set and 3 chassis so hit me up on aim at dumboi07. thx a lot guyz ttyl mark
Old 03-10-2003, 10:22 PM
got BITS?

Hmmm bunch of bits looking to be rid of. I don't got any money after I buys some stuff from CG but you tradin or givin away anything?
Old 03-10-2003, 11:46 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to dumboi07 Send a message via Yahoo to dumboi07
what are you willing to trade?

i dunno what are you willing to trade?
Old 03-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Moderator - Modifier

Ringtone email response...

Well heres a copy of the response email we received from the Celine Dion ringtone guy. If anybody can prove this one, get working on how to CHANGE the song. Not that I hate Celine Dion, but I have many more artists that I prefer to haunt my controller.

QFM Racing: Wow! what a great find! I havent heard of this before. I think your the first. Could you share in detail how you did this mod please? Great work!

EJ: All I did was install that timing capacitor in my 4-band remote and now it controls my car and plays music. When I installed the timing capacitor I might of reversed the positive and the negative, but you should try either way. To check if it works charge your car and press one of the turning buttons. The ringtone is kinda low, but when you put your ear to the controller your can hear it, but if you use fresh batteries and the sound got a lil' louder. The batteries in my car were all NiHM batteries. I want to show you the sample video I made. So you guys can really believe me that this unusual mod worked. If you guys chat on AIM I can send you the file. I have DSL so it shouldn't take that long to transfer, just IM me. My screen name is "compactcharej" and I'll be glad to send you it, and if you guys try it and it works remember to mention the inventor and post it up on your site.

Old 03-11-2003, 05:52 PM
It's super useless!

Darn, should have been some pitstop sounds.

Anyways, you guys seem to awfully hate Celine Dion. I have no opinion whatsoever on whether her music is good or bad since I don't think I really listened to any of it. If its NSTINK or BACKSTREET like, then I guess its bad .

Mozart is real music hahaha, add some trance synths to that and a nice beat and you got yourself either happy hardcore, electronic symphony, melodic trance or dance.