TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 01-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Real Cars Suck

Sources for Banged Up/Returned Kits?

What happens to assembled but returned kits? Or kits that say the body was flawed (but the chassis/electronics are ok). Im assuming there must have been some of this since x-mass.

What does RS do with these? I heard of Radio Shack outlets, but I dont think there is any here.

See I would be interested in xmod, but price constraints, and lack of interest in plastic molded bodies are holding me back. I most likely would try to custom fit an abc or xpress lexan body instead (lighter/can take more damage/use my airbrush on).
Old 01-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Real Cars Suck

I have been watching it for the past two weeks (ebay). The problem is after shipping your almost paying for a new kit. Except now you have no warranty of any kind. I mean I don't mind not having a warranty (since most likely I would attempt to fet it).

However, Im not willing to pay that much total for only a few bucks saved and no where to go if its a dud.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:11 AM

If the local stores do like they did with returned Zips, they trash them in the back, which means the employees end up with them for either free or at a lower cost. I have heard someone on here say they fix Xmods for RS, so they might actually send them back somewhere.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:18 AM

I believe that. The guy here looked at me when I returned mine and said he would look at it.....then gave me a new one. I bet they get first dibs.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:54 AM
RC Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad Company
If the local stores do like they did with returned Zips, they trash them in the back, which means the employees end up with them for either free or at a lower cost. I have heard someone on here say they fix Xmods for RS, so they might actually send them back somewhere.
I worked for radioshack. If they have time they may try to figure out the problem, but if they got it working again they woud re-sell it. However most the "Dud" units would be placed into a box in the back & then shipped back to the Warehouse. From there they get shipped to the supplier, then back to the manfacturer to either be destroyed, dissassembled for parts, or refirbished.

The only thing that RS employees get first dibs on are the new shipments, and the Devalued (old) merchandice.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:51 PM
CJ's Hobbies.net

Send a message via ICQ to cj1267 Send a message via Yahoo to cj1267
Quote:
Originally posted by tavisjohn
I worked for radioshack. If they have time they may try to figure out the problem, but if they got it working again they woud re-sell it. However most the "Dud" units would be placed into a box in the back & then shipped back to the Warehouse. From there they get shipped to the supplier, then back to the manfacturer to either be destroyed, dissassembled for parts, or refirbished.
You may be lucky and the RS is like mine and they strip a broken Xmod and ZipZap for the RSU parts and have in stock the body and other parts in store.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:12 PM
RC Tinkerer

None of the RadioShacks around here do that. There are like a dozen within a reasonable distance from my home. I have asked around if they happened to have spare parts such as bodies, driveshafts ad such, they ALL said I would have to call 1-800-The-Shack in order to order the parts I wanted. You must work in a huge store.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Real Cars Suck

Quote:
From there they get shipped to the supplier, then back to the manfacturer to either be destroyed, dissassembled for parts, or refurbished.
That does raise a question though.. What happens to the refurbished ones (legally can't sell it as new)? I thought I read a thread here once where a guy found some banged up boxes selling at a Radio Shack Outlet (which I guess is different from a normal store) for like $25-$30.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Real Cars Suck

Aha! I found the thread!

Quote:
In Philadelphia's Franklin Mills Mall they have a Radio Shack outlet where they sell box damaged items. I wish I had the money when they had the X-mods for $25.00 for a damaged box and S15.00 for one that had damaged parts.
-BilboBaggins

However, this was at bitpimps. thread:

http://www.bitpimps.lixlink.com/page...=2492&start=15
Old 01-04-2004, 12:00 AM
RC Tinkerer

The manufacturer has a few options.
1) After repairing them they can use them in warranty swop outs. (You ship them your broken one, they ship you a refirbshed one)
2) They can sell Refirbished ones off of their site/someone elses site.
3) They sell the damaged ones at outlet stores.
4) They scrap them and sell the parts to people who order replacement parts.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:54 AM
ax0n

All I know is when I bought my skyline I had to LOOK for a box with the tamper-tape intact and a "pristine" look inside the case. Several boxes were missing the tamper tape on the flimsy plastic case cover, had torn, damaged, or missing fiberglass tape on the corners of the carrying case, and in some cases, had parts tossed hapazardly into the box. On the shelf, as "new". Maybe a sales associate just accepted returns and didn't bother checking the details. wierd.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Real Cars Suck

Just got a message from Bilbo
Quote:
I've asked around the RS Stores and they seem to believe there is an outlet store in each district. But on the store locator they aren't listed as outlet stores.
Hmm, me thinks this needs more investigating. I dont suppose you ever heard of this TravisJohn?

It would be cool if the regional one was here in the Seattle area (or near one of you willing to "shop" for us ).