TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-19-2008, 03:27 PM

Murcielago Dnano stops when hit

Hey, I seem to be experiencing a failure of some sort. My hopped-up Murcielago loses throttle both forward and reverse whenever it hit's the walls. It did'nt do this when new, this has only started happening two day's ago and again today. At first I had thought the batteries were just low, but after a fresh charge, it still does it. I cleaned out all the hair from the bearings front and back, and it still stop's. I get steering, but no throttle. Why is this happening? I checked the wires for the motor plug and all seem's okay. One of the motor's wires does seem to have a bit of the insulation missing exposing the wire. Could this cause the problem? Could it be the motor failing, it is the X-speed motor, or could it be the speed control part of the PCB board that is failing?
My Ferrari 360 seems to be running perfectly so I switched out the bearings, springs, and gyro to the 360 and am now running that car instead.
But any suggestions to my Murcielago? At first thought, I thought it was the gyro killing the system, so I removed it and it still quit's. Again, I have steering, but throttle function seems to quit till I lift it off the ground and push the rear axle forward abit with fingers. I'm confused and need some help. Should I just try swapping out the Xspeed motor with stock unit?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM

ANYBODY Have any suggestions for me? Cause now my Ferrari 360 is encountering the same problems when it hit's the RCP walls. Usually it just had the normal delayed reverse associated with the 2.4 system. Now, no forward when hit. Any suggestions? Please help me! These cars were running flawelessly when brand new.
Could my batteries be running out of juice even when freshly charged? Perhaps not enough power to the motor? But then why would it run again when I pick it off the ground and move it?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:35 PM

No Forward

Try resetting your TX. Try changing batteries in TX. Check connections, make sure they are not loose. Check to see that your motor wires are still connected well to the can. Good luck!

Jay
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 PM

Thank's cosmicsoul. As soon as my Atomic Pit Mat comes in, I'll disasemble both my Dnano's and check everything. Now both my Murcielago and Modena are stalling when they hit the wall. It's very frusterating as it's 150 bucks to replace the chassis/electronics part of the car. That's an MR02 chassis I could get instead!
The wires on the Dnano are so very thin that it is hard to tell if there are any snags, brakes, or problems that might cause my symptoms.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Well, my Murcielago seems to run pretty good, I have a lot of fun driving the tiny car around the track. I still have to put up with it stalling when it hit's the wall, but at least it doesn't do it every time. The Modena seems to be having same but worse problems. Perhaps putting it in the laundry, "by ACCIDENT!" messed it up without realizing it. It worked great for a few day's soon after, but now it's developing the same problems. Now the Murcielago is the best car and alot more fun with the full options. I need to get me those sweet alloy wheels for it though.
Dont' know what to do about the Modena, may have to bite the bullet and replace the electronics and get it fully hopped up as well.
Second note, I think my battery charger has a loose connector some where. When I plug the battery in, the light doesn't always light up till I tap it a few times. Not sure what's going on here.
All in all if you can afford the Dnano, get one! Eh, two.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
BIT PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
All in all if you can afford the Dnano, get one! Eh, two.
That's just it, though.
If you can afford the Dnano, you can pretty much afford any scale. You can buy a used MUGEN MX5T for what a Dnano costs new.

Not saying they aren't worth it, but you can get so much more for the money. It'd be way different if there were tracks all over to go race and hang out with people, but you're going to drop that wad of loot, so you can drive all by yourself in the house?

As far as racing is concerned, I'd rather spend the money on something I can use alot. I'd love to see some tracks go up around here, but nitro offroad is just gonna have to do.

I don't even get to run my mini Zs, cause there aren't any people around here running them.

silla
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 AM

I do wish there were more people in my club that owned the Dnano, but fortunetly, there is one other and he/I race'em together from time to time. Despite that, I still appreciate this little micro wonder and I admire the enginnerring that it took to make something so small with such great quality. I love it and it is fun to drive even by your selfe. I think it's a great little car.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 PM

I'll post a new thread for my reply
Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm going to try and see if one of LBRC's battery and motor upgrades will help solve this issue.