TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-28-2003, 06:22 AM
TinyRC Pro

ver 2 ESC with X-speed problem

I rewound an X-speed onto a blank armature with a big shaft. With this motor, when i hit full throttle and the green light on the ESC comes on, wheels would not stop spinning and I lose control of my car.
This problem does not happen with the stock motor. I have tried installing ceramic caps on the x-speed buy the problem persists.

I thought that it might be because the receiver was not getting any power when I hit full throttle, so I installed a big 6800uF capacitor across the batteries. This too doesn't help at all.

Has anyone tried running a hottor motor (speedy, A-BB, atomic tuned, etc) with the ver2 ESC?
Any suggestions for my problem?

btw, i'm running 6 cells, ver1 receiver n servo and ver2 ESC

Thanks for any replies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minix-bigcap.jpg (285.3 KB, 115 views)
Old 10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
mini-eX-Driver

Send a message via ICQ to 3series takumi Send a message via AIM to 3series takumi Send a message via Yahoo to 3series takumi
its me again sorry to say i only had the problem b4 i added fet. it would actually run just fine for a few minutes, then the fets would get hot and it was a run away car. after i added fets i didnt have that problem anymore... i had other problems (dropping a screw driver on the pcb when i was workin on it)

other than that i bet you car huals at 6+ volts the stock motor will move!

novak xxl receiver
lrp quantum micro esc
hpi micro mod
5 2/3a zapped cells
novak 10v 4700u power cap
xmod suspension
xmod wheels and tire upgrade
Old 10-28-2003, 08:58 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via Yahoo to helldriver
I saw that you have add 2 more FETs, right?
I suspect that there is no compability between rcv ver1 and esc v2 after u add more FETs.
Have you try to uninstall the new FETs?
How's it run after they backed to 4 FETs only?
Let us know.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:16 AM
TinyRC Pro

Thanks 3series takumi and helldriver.

The FETs didn't get hot at all when it "runs away".
I just tried removing the additional 2 FETs that I stacked with the same results. (the FETs didn't get hot but the car still runs away)

I suspect that it might be because the motor draws too much current from the receiver. When I put the cap across the batts, it probably got drained by the motor as well (probably).
I'm thinking of adding in a capacitor to be used exclusively by the receiver.

There are 3 wires that connect the ESC to the receiver: black, red and white.
Anyone knows which 2 wires supply power from the batteries to the receiver?

Thanks
Old 10-29-2003, 07:49 AM
TinyRC Pro

i just tried installing the big capacitor aross the black and red wire (of the 3 wires that goes from the ESC to the receiver)
After a while, the car would not move forward or backwards at all. Once I removed the cap, it was OK.... so I got the wrong wires.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:14 PM

THat was the right cabel, but the wrong treatment I think. Lets get back to the history: is it happen after you stack the FET? How about when you run in standart condition (after you open the packaging) and how you set-up the receiver and TX? What TX you using now?
Trims.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:30 PM
TinyRC Pro

hmmmm... had tried running it in stock condition (removed additional FETs) but it was still the same.
I had redone the setup process according to the intructions in the manual and I'm using an M8 controller.
had tried reducing the EPA to 80% but that didn't help.
I also tried redoing the ESC setup with the controller's EPA at 80% but it's still the same.

I'm putting it down to incompatibility of some sort, but don't know which one to replace first (Rx or ESC). I'm keen to try out the X-speed though..... On my 4wd speed checker, it;s about 63% faster than the stock motor, and just a tad faster than my fastest mini-Z (4 cells)

*edit*
Oops! forgot that I am using 6 cells.... the capacitor is only rated at 6.3V. (had originally gotten it for my Mini-Z)

Last edited by miketre; 10-29-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:51 PM

Some ppls say both the rcv and esc V2 is better. But I only see the V2 have a better layout on the board and a bit neat components arrangement. FETs is still Vxxxx. No improvement (I think).
Goodluck.

ps: Is 4562 easy to get in Malay?
Old 10-29-2003, 11:27 PM
TinyRC Pro

4562 di sini (Singapura)?

I actually got it from a fellow racer from my LHS. From what I know, he brought it in a few times. The 1st time, he purchased 100pcs from a local distributor. (anything less than 100 would be quite expensive).
The 2nd time round, there wasn't enough orders to meet 100, so he got it from the famous auction site, if I remember correctly. I'll ask him, but I think that the prices that he got for the 2nd batch are similar to the prices that MysterE offers (US$2 per pc). Check out http://miniztuner.com/ , under the "Ready to order" link, near the bottom of the page.