TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-25-2006, 10:46 PM

Throttle delay

I have heard that the micro-t will pop wheelies, but mine does not seem able too.

My throttle seems to have a delay from froward to reverse. is this normal?

I can go forward, when I hit reverse, the car stops like brakes, then goes into reverse, their is no way to just go froward to reverse fast or vise versa.

Is there a setting to adjust the delay on the RX, I see it has 3 pots on the RX board? Or is this normal to have happen, kind of like apply brakes before going into reverse, maybe the ESC can not handle the amps when doing that...
Old 12-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Yup, it's normal. it's a Braking function of the ESC. I'm sure Losi made it that way to extend the life of the gears/diff and parts...Especially considering the surprisingly powerful motor in this little thing, you could do some major wear and tear if you enabled the direct to reverse (and vice/versa).
Old 12-29-2006, 08:11 PM

Yeah I figured it was fine that way, I know most electonic ESC do not like full forward to full reverse. they heat up quick

I bet one of the pots on the RX board sets the ABS / reverse delay.

Maybe if I remove some slip from the tranny, it will do a wheelie.

I know sometimes if I go full reverse I can pop a wheelie..
Old 12-30-2006, 05:27 PM

UMM, my stock micro-T will pull wheelies just by nailing the throttle full forward on carpet.To pop the front up real easy get it rolling and let off the throttle then nail it is should pop right up and wheelie for a good distance(longer than my living room space)
Actually it can ride on the motor guard in the rear and sort of bob up and down on that sometimes.

All I've done is check/set the radio to make sure it is set the way I wanted it and drove it.I have since put the bearing kit in it and am thinking about messing around with the gearing a bit.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:29 PM

Wheelies

install the bearing pckg, install the largest pinion, and then set the ESC just so the esc starts to "hum" (squeal),you can adjust this right at the radio, on the throttle trim

thats the setting i use on all my esc's

wheelie away freind
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 AM

Mine wheelies easily on asphalt, but cannot catch enought traction on my wood/tile floors. In fact, I have to loosen my slipper up significantly just to be able to goose it w/o the car sliding sideways!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Another possibility could be that the diff needs some breaking in.

Mine came out of the box ULTRA stiff. I had to get on the throttle almost 1/2 squeezed before the motor got enough juice to finally spin the wheels!

Finally, after about 5 battery cycles is it now better broken in and responding with light trigger pull.

Also, LBRC posted a great checklist of things to check:
http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforu...read.php?t=575
Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 PM

?

i got mine and it would run but i had to adjust the mesh of the gears for it to run right

i put the small pinion in and mine takes of standing the front end up for a long time or until it catches the side of something or just hits the carpet to hard and it bounces
Old 09-08-2007, 10:45 AM

mine was also really stiff when i first got it.... i held one wheel and brought the throttle to about half, then slowly to 0, then to half reverse, then switched wheels, etc etc etc... broke in the tranny in one pack and after that it would wheely about 50% of the time when i hit the throttle... I have since installed bearings, and now it will wheely 98% of the time when go full throttle from a standing stop. Dont try doing it by going from reverse to forward... its hard on the drivetrain....
Old 03-30-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuna View Post
Another possibility could be that the diff needs some breaking in.

Mine came out of the box ULTRA stiff. I had to get on the throttle almost 1/2 squeezed before the motor got enough juice to finally spin the wheels!

Finally, after about 5 battery cycles is it now better broken in and responding with light trigger pull.

Also, LBRC posted a great checklist of things to check:
http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforu...read.php?t=575
Hi there, i opened my micro-t today and like you mention the diff is quite stiff. do you have anymore pointers for an r/c n00b on breaking the car in? i've been gentle on the throttle almost never squeezing more than 1/2 way. will i need to lubricate anything? there's quite a bit of whine coming from the drive train.

Edit: Btw, i've got the 7.2v 180mah lipo pack from Losi.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasan View Post
Hi there, i opened my micro-t today and like you mention the diff is quite stiff. do you have anymore pointers for an r/c n00b on breaking the car in? i've been gentle on the throttle almost never squeezing more than 1/2 way. will i need to lubricate anything? there's quite a bit of whine coming from the drive train.

Edit: Btw, i've got the 7.2v 180mah lipo pack from Losi.

Just loosen the tranny screws about 1/4 of a turn and see if that helps, also, chech the gear mesh, 9 outa 10 micro's fromthe factory have a tight mesh.

Wheelies are fun, but bad! You can't go anywhere if you can't go in the direction you need to get there!

Losi Micro-t (x2) (funner)
Losi XXX-t (Basher)
Xray M18t (racer)
Tamiya Falcon (Workspace hog)
Old Delta 1/12th chassie (Takes up dust)

Heres a link to all of my Videos!!!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rcdude2000
Old 05-28-2009, 04:14 PM

tighten the slipper clutch and it will weelie. It may do damage to the tranny though
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARHARDT View Post
install the bearing pckg, install the largest pinion, and then set the ESC just so the esc starts to "hum" (squeal),you can adjust this right at the radio, on the throttle trim

thats the setting i use on all my esc's

wheelie away freind
I'll have to try that. I was pretty bummed that mine wouldn't wheelie at all.

The other poster mentioned rolling on and off the throttle to wheelie. That reminds me of the method for getting my old sportbike to wheelie.