TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-03-2002, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Mini-X Model Body Compatibility List

The purpose of this thread is to generate a list of all 1/24 and 1/25 scale bodies that will fit the X with little or no modification. Please post the model type, make, and part number, and if possible, a pic would be great!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:00 PM
ksavage68

ok here's one: MRC-Fujimi Ferrari F40. It's out of production, found mine on Ebay. Real good detail, molded in red, even has wire mesh screen for the ducts in the body and rear tail panel.
did not require any major cutting, only small cuts to rear lower panel to clear body post screws. (you can use shorter screws,then no cutting would be needed). Kit tires (scale Pirelli PZero) can be used on Mini-X rims. See my pic in the Mini-X gallery.

I'm interested in a Porsche 959 body, anybody know of one that fits? How bout the Tamiya kit?

Old 10-06-2002, 02:08 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I saw one of these on eBay where the seller included a Subaru WRX body from Tamiya, one of the older models with rectangular headlights. I haven't tried it yet myself, since my Imprezas are assembled. But it looked like the body fit with no modifications.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:45 AM
TinyRC Newbie

OK, tried out one of the Tamiya bodies today. I used the 2001 Impreza WRC body, it fits no problem. It sits on the side rails by the batteries fairly snugly. To be a bit more secure you can drill holes for the body posts. The wheel base of the car is a bit short, but it's something one can live with. The body looks a heck of a lot better than the lexan one that comes with the car.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:45 AM
I really should change my title...

Thank you for sharing it with us
Old 01-09-2003, 08:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to deviant Send a message via Yahoo to deviant
so...
im not an avid static modeler... i'd like to be... and i am surely trying to start modeling because of the Mini-X...
anyway... are there any of you out there that have static models lying around that may still be 'in production' (so i can pick up one at a LHS) that you could measure and see if they may possibly fit the Mini-X...
if i find any i will be sure to post them here... as i wish more people would do...

wheelbase is: 103mm (4 1/16")
width is: 70mm (2 13/16")

list one, list them all...
thanx
Old 01-13-2003, 10:37 AM

Here I made a small list of WRC cars...
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=6570
HaCo
Old 04-07-2003, 05:19 PM
TinyRC Pro

TamTech bodyshells

Has anyone tried the (old +- 1987) Tamiya TamTech 1/24 scale bodyshells?
I bought a new one today via EBay from a UK seller.
I also bought some TamTech foam tires to try and improve the grip on the Mini-X.
If no one can tell me, I'll let you guys know whether they fit or not, it wasn't too expensive, so I have nothing to loose if it doesn't work.

Wow, you can see I am starting to take the Mini-X a little more serious

Last edited by Mondo; 04-09-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Fear the 1's and 0's

intrepidrc.com has a few 1/24th scale bodies you might want to look into. these are made for the Aktiv and WWS 1/24th racers, but i think they'd fit the X without too much modifications.

Also i am waiting to hear if anyone has tried the ABC/WWS/Aktiv/DRR wheels/tires on the X yet...

I dream of a day when schools receive enough money and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:38 PM
mini-eX-Driver

Send a message via ICQ to 3series takumi Send a message via AIM to 3series takumi Send a message via Yahoo to 3series takumi
more bodies

i just got a Heller Lancer Evo 7 WRC that fits and also the Aoshima c-west rx7 that fits

novak xxl receiver
lrp quantum micro esc
hpi micro mod
5 2/3a zapped cells
novak 10v 4700u power cap
xmod suspension
xmod wheels and tire upgrade
Old 11-22-2003, 06:03 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to sawhit4
do any of yall know if revel/monogram 1/24 models will fit?i dont have a mini x yet but when i buy one i want a mini cooper body for it do any of yall know if there are any other places besides revel/monogram that has a model of the new mini coopers? thanks
Old 11-22-2003, 06:22 PM
ksavage68

I think most of the standard 1/24 kits would work with just little or no wheelwell mods, but there are 1/25 scales that i have tried do not fit, they are too short. it really doesnt matter about brands, as they are all fairly close if they are 1/24. I dont know of any Mini cooper bodies yet. AMT/ertl might be a TAD long in wheelbases but will work fine. Tamiyas and Hellers and some Fujimi. I have yet to try any Hasegawa kits yet. Hope this helps.

Keith
Old 03-15-2004, 06:09 PM
TinyRC Pro

AMT 1/25 F&F Supra

The wheel base on this model is 102mm and the mini x is 105mm. Not a perfect fit but you can open the wheel wells to the front and rear sides a little to make it work.

If you're careful it won't look any worse than some of the wheel well trim jobs I've seen on some lexan bodies.