TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-15-2002, 03:52 PM

D@#& Cracking Bodies and Chassis!

I've had my MS for less than a week and I have already had to repair several body and chassis stress cracks.

And I'm really easy on them- very few crashes. Both of my MS chassis on the back tab (motor clip too tight?), my Impeza body on the front air dam under the tab, Lancer body under rear tab and on top of both front wheel wells. I try to flex the bodies only enough to get them on & off.

Not a huge deal, because I use the excellent Ambroid Pro Weld to repair them, but these things seem to use a very brittle plastic and it's getting irritating.

Anyone else experence this phenomenon???

John
Old 12-15-2002, 05:38 PM
I are smart....

Nope, no such problems with my Bit Char-G RX-7. I bought this thing back in July.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Sith Bit Racer

Send a message via AIM to DarthRacer
I have an MS Skyline that has been crashed and driven off tables numerous times with no damage so far.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:56 PM
I'll think of something..

I have the skyline set, ran the chassis and the r32 off my desk a couple of times, no damage to body or chasis. The only exception is the spoiler with flew off, easily fixable. The only damage my bit sustained was a bent rear axle.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:48 PM
deviant bit char-g pro

I've had my Blue lighted Skyline Bit Char-G for over a year and have had no such problems.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:27 PM

I have read posts here where people crack the rear chassis tab trying to install a ZZ motor (probably when mine was cracked), but nobody here ever has cracked a MS/Bit body???

John
Old 12-15-2002, 09:37 PM
I'll think of something..

I remember reading once that somebody had cracked their bcg/ms body by using a 3.8 and a wall! The only way I would imagine a bcg/ms body and chasis cracking!