TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Mods and Projects

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Plays_with_Toys Plays_with_Toys is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 19
4X4mod (my project begins)

Some of you may know me from RCMT, where I am designing a solid axle truck using 2.2" tires... Well, I just bought this xmod on saturday because I wanted an RC car that ran (all my other cars are in disrepair), and already I am not satisfied and want to modify it.

So here are my plans and ideas. I have already installed the AWD kit, but I plan on locking both front and rear diffs. I want to upgrade to larger tires and will most likely use Jugg Jr. tires, since they are rubber, and of good size. I plan on running the crest spinbrush motor and a toyota landcruiser mini-z body.

How will I accomplish this? Well, super glue in the diffs will make them locked, the tires are nice and tall but too wide, so I will cut them in the center, remove some material and glue them back together, then mount them to the xmod wheels (they are almost a direct fit). I will have to move the side mounted AAA's and shave away the front bulkhead screw mount to let them fit in the fender wells. Spinbrush is easy enough, but I am just going to buy a pinion for a slot car, since they are the same, and I can most likely get them from my LHS. Finally is the body, I will have to carve out some of the fender wells to allow the tires to fit under, but that won't be a problem.

I know this thing won't be a rock crawler, but atleast I will be able to take it off jumps and have some fun in the gravel behind my house, oh and with it off the ground, hopefully it won't pick up hair like Michael jackson..... nevermind....


Suggestions are welcome. And how are the battery holders held in? I removed the screws that allow it to slide forward and back, and even the ones below the chassis in the center towards the sides of the car, but no luck... Anyone know?
__________________
AWD Xmod Crawler in the works _>
Landcruiser Z-body, AWD w/ Locked Differentials, Spinbrush motor, 30x14 Lego MT/R's
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project VIPER (DEAD) New project S12Driver XMODS Mods and Projects 3 04-08-2008 01:44 AM
project inject torpedo crazysk8r777 ZipZaps Mods and Projects 6 12-19-2005 02:33 PM
Project Bit-X Pietak440 Bit Char-G Mods and Projects 81 07-14-2005 02:15 AM
My First "Big" Project wasuri Bit Char-G Mods and Projects 2 11-30-2003 04:58 PM
Project Ideas sokalxballa XMODS Mods and Projects 0 11-23-2003 09:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts