TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, Z-Cars, Clones > Bit Char-G / MicroSizers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Web Guy's Avatar
Web Guy Web Guy is offline
Internet Web Ninja
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 163
Which motor to get?..Need some help

I am looking to get a few new motors for my shen clones with modified bodies and more. I currently have some 3.0's, 3.8's and some 2.6's. What motor should I try for sure all out speed and take off? Suggestions are welcome!! I was thinking about the r-spec or some of the others motors off of this board.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Web Guy's Avatar
Web Guy Web Guy is offline
Internet Web Ninja
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 163
Ok.. I just went out and bought two 3.8 TOY EAST motors since I have heard such good things about them and the price is right to when you shop around. I also picked up two 160 mah nimh batteries so I can hook up the skyline with the dual battery mod and then dual the other one too with the stock batteries I will have. Anyways maybe next time I will try the tiny rc motors.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2003, 01:40 AM
big-key big-key is offline
MICRO RC RAVEN#976
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 149
My perfection 3.8 is awesome. I have had a R-spec motor (waiting its return) and have a bitmod1 3.5. They are all good motors, but right now (maybe cuz its new) my favorite is the Perfection. It shoots off the line and runs almost as quiet as a stock 2.2/2.6 (if that makes any difference to you). Also, it fits right in to the motor mount. Some times my other motors pop the heat sink off.

Webguy where in Dallas do you live? My parents live in Irving. I lived in Arlington before I came into the Air Force. Right now I am in Germany. Can't wait to get back to the states. USA rules! especially Texas!

Last edited by big-key; 03-08-2003 at 01:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2003, 10:00 AM
ShadowMage's Avatar
ShadowMage ShadowMage is offline
Box Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowMage Send a message via AIM to ShadowMage
Personally I'd go with the R-Spec. Mine ended up being faster than my Tomy 3.8 (don't have a perfection 3.8 but have been wanting to get one) in top speed and in acceleration. Off the line the R-Spec is only slightly faster than the 3.8 but then after a split second or two the engine hits its mid range and the real torque kicks in. After that the R-Spec is gone! I highly recommend it.
__________________
Underground Dweller: If I were you, I'd start running!
Buddy: If you were me, you'd be good lookin'.

--Quote from Six String Samurai
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2003, 11:58 AM
big-key big-key is offline
MICRO RC RAVEN#976
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 149
true that!

Shadow, I know what you mean. When my R-spec was running right it ruled! It is still my favorite motor, but since I am waiting for mine to be replaced right now the Perfection has taken its place on the top of my list. One thing I like about the Perfection is that it is quick off the line. There is no gradual build up of speed, just pure speed. Oh yeah, and it was much more inexpensive (even w/shipping) as part of the package deal I got from Toyeast. Unfortunately, they aren't offering the deal anymore, but it still is under $5 w/o shipping. If you order anything from them add one to your cart, you won't be dissapointed.

On the other hand, if something goes wrong with the Perfection, good luck getting it replaced. With Tiny and Bitmod1, they will replace a defective motor w/o any hassle and lot less cost (return shipping)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products
Tiny RC Community News
[03/17/10] Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2... : The Kyosho Mini-Z F1 MF-010 SP2 Carbon Limited ASF 2.4GHz Tx-Less Chassis Set - more»
[10/23/09] Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 In Stock! : The Mini-Z MR-03 (http://mr-03.com) is now In Stock and Pre-Orders are shipping! - more»
[09/06/09] Labor Day Savings - $5 Off... : Labor Day traditionally marks the unofficial end of summer - but we're not ready to let go! So, we - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts