
10-30-2002, 10:39 AM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NH
Posts: 6
|
|
|
Dual Speed ZZ's
I have an idea that I think I might try. Let me know what you guys think.
Lets say I did a dual motor mod using a NOS and a Turbo Motor and then tried a No-Reverse Mod without actually getting rid of the reverse but actually applying it to the second motor. Then while pushing the zips forward with the Turbo Motor (which I have plenty of control with) I could simply "drop it in reverse" to get the boost of the NOS motor on straight aways. D o think it would work?? Only one way to find out.
|

10-30-2002, 11:12 AM
|
 |
Hulk smash!
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,193
|
|
|
Hey hawaiiboy,
That's an interesting idea...But I'm thinking that the pros might not be good enough to outweigh the cons.
Definitely let us know if you do this mod though, I'd be interested to hear how it turns out.
Good luck!
|

10-30-2002, 03:10 PM
|
 |
4r3 j00 ub3r l337 h4xx0r?
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 97
|
|
|
What are you going to rig the 2nd motor too? you would have to extend the chassis and put in a second axle... Or something. But there is no place for a second motor
__________________
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa.
|

10-30-2002, 10:32 PM
|
 |
Ill choke slam you!!
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ca
Posts: 123
|
|
|
i dont see how this would be possible, do u plan on putting the 2nd motor to the front tires..... 4 wheel drive??? i tried to see what u mean but im stumped as to how the other motor would mork????
__________________
Flamin Dynamite Rocket Racer(7.2)
Honda Epoch Indoor racer 1/43(4 cell)
Auldey Tin Racer 1/32(on the way)
1/10th Traxxas Rustler(Elec)
MS Mitsubishi Lancer
MS Blue WRX
Custom spider mobile bit
orange ff zip w/ bit pcb(2 cell)
green ff zip w/shen pcb(3 cell!!)
2 Shen Qi Wei knockoffs
Walgreens Knock off Celica
|

10-30-2002, 10:38 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NH
Posts: 6
|
|
|
Well now maybe I am jumping the gun, it was just an idea now. I thought I had read somewhere in these posts that there was a dual motor mod. My first step will be refering to those. I've tried to search it but am not comming up with anything. Does anyone know how these work, or if they are possible.
|

10-30-2002, 11:28 PM
|
|
|
|
?dual battery?
 how now brown cow?
I have no idea how you might do it.
I think you confused the dual battery mod with something maybe to much Knight rider "turbo boost KIT!
|

10-31-2002, 12:00 AM
|
|
Bus Driver!
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 455
|
|
Anything is possible. Hum.
Maybe if you remove the two NPN transistors of the H bridge. Hook the slow motor to the "forward" PNP transistor and the "backward" one to the other motor it may work. May want to connect a dioded to feed current to the first motor.
I dont thing you want to "feather" the slower motor so do a diode would make sense or add an extra feed through a diode from reverse base PNP to Forward base PNP.
Would be somthing like this. Use at your own risk.
|

10-31-2002, 12:08 AM
|
|
|
|
go wing man
How do i do the stealth mod?
Do i need the fusion reactor?
|

10-31-2002, 12:10 AM
|
|
Bus Driver!
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 455
|
|
While everyone is thinking on this could this give both high speed and return reverse for the ground mode? Just a though...
|

10-31-2002, 04:39 PM
|
|
I really should change my title...
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 228
|
|
Quote:
|
Anything is possible. Hum.
|
DEEP!! even if one can overcome the electronic problems, how about the mechanical factors??? even if you manage to add the second motor having both motors connected directly to the axle (no clutch) means that withever motor is doing the work will have to not only turn the tires but the other motor as well. I assume the extra drag and friction will degrade performance quite a bit.
 just my two cents.
|

10-31-2002, 04:49 PM
|
|
Bus Driver!
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 455
|
|
|
You are 100% correct! Also if one is deheading it also produceing current. Small but some.
|

10-31-2002, 05:25 PM
|
 |
zipped up tight!
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 428
|
|
|
thought
What if you just ran the NOS motor and slapped a variable resistor on the forward feed...then you could cut down the voltage on the forward feed however much you needed for control, and leave reverse wide open?
|

10-31-2002, 06:33 PM
|
|
Bus Driver!
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 455
|
|
|
Hum. There is a Japanes site that added a PIC Embeded cpu for speed adjust. A 12c508 or 09 I think. If you go to QFM site its one of the bottom links there.
Also if someone had a wiring diagram of a boster car would be intersting to see if a regualr car could be moded to work. The TXC2 chip in the controller has the boost pin.
Also could cut the voltage feeding the control on the H bridge also.
|

11-01-2002, 10:12 AM
|
|
I really should change my title...
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 228
|
|
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing
Hum. There is a Japanes site that added a PIC Embeded cpu for speed adjust. A 12c508 or 09 I think. If you go to QFM site its one of the bottom links there.
Also if someone had a wiring diagram of a boster car would be intersting to see if a regualr car could be moded to work. The TXC2 chip in the controller has the boost pin.
Also could cut the voltage feeding the control on the H bridge also.
|
Interesting, but I wonder how the speed is controlled from the remote!! I assume that our cheap remotes only send one signal for forwards and one for going backwards and nothing in between.
What we need is a dual ratio gear assembly, controlled by the motor's rpm...  I know I'm day dreaming but I never imagined driving a miniature RC either!!!
|

11-01-2002, 10:45 AM
|
|
Bus Driver!
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 455
|
|
Simply by using Pulse width modulation IE varing the duty cycle of the voltage to the motor will do the same. Kind of like how a DigiQ-iRacer-Booster car works.
Oh here is the guys site:
http://www.age.jp/%7Eex2/bit.html
Its a bit of the way down and remember to use altavista translator since its in Japanese.
Bet withing a year or so the cars will be smaller and full speed steering variable!
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.
|
|