View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
May I ask what do these liners do for the track? And how do they effect the cars that hit them?
Depending on the angle of impact to the soft side rails, the cars sometime stop abruptly at the inside turn sections, bouncing off back into traffic. The rail liners help to prevent the cars from bouncing back, as when the cars hit them at varying angles, they tend to skid or slide off the rail, keeping the car going in a forward motion.

The liners also help protect the rails as they are very durable and will prevent the RC cars from denting, scraping or damaging the soft EVA foam that the rails are made of. The tracks that are used on a daily/weekly basis for racing or rental purposes, tend to receive damage over time to the small red inside corner rail and the straight rail that leads up to the turn. The rail liner will keep the two rails looking new for a very, very long time.

You can also add rail banners between the rail liners and foam rails to spice up your layout and make it look like real race tracks.

I need to put the information from this thread up on the RCP Tracks website. I will do that today.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 10-01-2009 at 10:48 AM.