View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 09:51 AM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
Originally posted by dietryin
well if u would read his sig u wouldnt have had this problem, which is what he prolly expected u to do.... but this car is probley going to be sick viper... have u seen the 65mph mini-z somewhere on the net? he has cracked like so many chassis because of the speed of the car.. just a little warning, and u better upgrade the joints and lube all the bearings and opening so u dont get any un-sightly melted plastic....
Whose sig? Yes, this car is going to be sick. I am well aware of it. I also feel that I will not crack many chassis parts as a Z because the xmod has a lot more material used, and the Z was designed to be as light as possible, yet still able to take 30-35 mph impacts. All joints are upgraded and I am going to dry out the stock RS bearings (just as good performance, yet no dirt sticks). This car has been in my mind since January, and was started around April. The batteries must stay away from heat, so I am going to glue the bumper on, remove all the studs in back, and I will fit the AA holder in back. I am slightly upset because solder just simply won't stick to the cells. It actually I think is a little better because I'll save on connectors. The wires are all upgraded, and the whole system can handle up to 25 volts, therefore, I could not run 6 AAs (4.2*6=25.2).