View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I process, therefore I am

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far to call these things "hobby class" just yet.
That's why I didn't go that far .
Perhaps a better comparison would be to a Puchi. Lotsa folks shelled out over 100 bucks for those. They died of course due to a lack of body styles inherantly connected to very high profile electronics.
Depending how these new cars are marketed, I can see them doing very well.
This is based on what has been written about them so far and from what I can gleen from videos, but it looks good so far. Excluding controller worries of course.
The price tag is mute if they really deliver the goods. I look at my collection of Zips, divide by three (roughly), and there sits several of these new cars. Twenty five a pop is great, but isn't really the issue once you have over a dozen in your collection.
I would probably end up with 4 or so, at that price if they are as good as reviewed. I wouldn't have 20 or more like my current collection, but I don't know why I need that many anyways .
I have two Epochs because I wanted the performance they offer, but don't need more than that at their price range. Some people litteraly have dozens of them. I suppose, as in all things, it's a matter of balance.