View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Mad Scientist

that's just the initial test fitting. I'm in the proces of fabbing up the front mounting tab right now.

The wheelbases fit properly because two of my bodies (this one and the C5R) were designed for the Mini-Z, hence they are the correct (1:28) scale. This one uses the long wheelbase setting, giving me yet another reason to buy the long driveshaft. (Remember that the stock RSX uses the middle wheelbase setting and a shorter driveshaft) The only fitment issue with this body is that it is very narrow. I can't fit it over the stock battery clips. (I have the same problem with the 1967 'Vette). The overhang on this body is very short. It sits flush with the back of the chassis in the rear, and the front body mount is less than 1/4" long.

This Mini Power body is pretty nice, the finish on it is like a black mirror. I'm thinking I may opt to paint my roof white (possibly adding the Union Jack) and putting the white stripes on the hood. I'll probably paint up a set of the RSX wheels in white to complete the look.