View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 06:25 AM

I'm not going to say that it must be true but I figure if 2 RS sales reps tell the same story from 2 different stores in 2 different states then the chances are good.

Is it going to be hobby grade? Not 100%, but at least it won't be a toy with no options to the user that wants a little more without having to learn how to solder or do major modifications. Think of it as an inbetween.

It has been my experience that these are the types of products that nurture the novice that is interested in a hobby but doesn't want to jump in to everything all at once. This way someone new to the hobby can learn the basics and once they are ready to go further they can graduate to a more advanced level.

This is actually a good business practice. It helps the customer advance at their own pace and it helps the retailer generate more revenue with repeat business.

Obviously it is a little more complicated than this, but it is a method that has been proven very successful if everything falls into place as planned.

I'm sure RS has it's reasons for not continuing with X-Mods and ZZ, but from the popularity of both lines that I have seen it doesn't make sense to me. X-Mods with their current upgrades offer alot and ZZ had alot of potential (I personally think they should have offered more upgrades similiar to X-mods). However, sometimes there are things that the consumer is not informed about that would shed more light on things.

If you can find a RTR car for $99.99 that can do true not scale 20 mph stock and still be able to buy upgrades for it (which Propulse is supposedly offering) I am sure everyone else here would like to know where they can buy it.

Last edited by steelo; 09-10-2006 at 06:45 AM.