View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Alright folks, I'm seeing smoke. Before it turns into Flames...

Opinions, debates, objections, etc...All are fine and even welcome in the case of helping the hobby. What's NOT welcome is taking it to a personal level. no more personal attacks, please.

NanoTrax,
Personally, you're in Thailand which automatically puts you in my "good people" list (since I'm 1/2 Thai!) I also like your site, very nicely done and your being a shutterbug certainly doesn't hurt!

But as a Mod/Admin on this site, I have to ask you to please stop announcing/advertising anything about your site while you're here at ours (Since TinyRC.com is also a shop). ...If you'd like to arrange something about advertising on this site, please feel free to contact the site owner directly.

Now, the topic of this thread is interest (or the lack thereof) in the DNaNo. Let's keep it that way and not bring other scales into it.

My take on it...
I believe Kyosho was/is gearing the DNaNo to being a strictly Japan/Asian product. Japanese culture is very much high tech based (man, they've got toilets that look like plane panels!). They love super sophisticated, in super small size. The DNaNo with all its' high tech capabilities and size fits very nicely in that culture.

Over here in the States, we're a culture that's not all that hyped about technology. We want BIG, FAST, LOUD and INTIMIDATING...And we want it CHEAP...But there's a few of us out there that also love micro technology and fewer yet of us that are willing to pay a little extra for it.

...To a point!

NanoTrax, you mentioned a total cost of ~$250 for DNaNo...WHERE?! Cheapest I've found is on eBay. RTR is $290(US), then there's still the $40 shipping cost and you still have to get the AA/AAA batteries. Even on your site you sell a combo RTR for 11,800 Baht ($335) and I'd imagine that's before shipping costs as well.

For me, I'd be willing to pay up to $280 for a DNaNo (RTR, including the cost of shipping). But considering Kyosho's mentality of keeping the DNaNo out of the US, thereby making us have to pay considerably higher for inflated prices and import costs, I'll curb my inner child and hold-off until I can get it for my price range. If that time never comes, oh well, it's Kyosho's loss.

So, for me at least, it's not a matter of losing interest (I'd still LOVE to get a DNaNo), it's a matter of my perception of what the worth of a DNaNo is and right now the pricepoint doesn't match that perception.

Last edited by Namuna; 02-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.