Thread: My first TTTT
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM

I don't know if you still want this info but here it is.
I haven't been on the forum for a while but I'm back now improving the Volvo and I almost have a Pete done.
The tractor weights 85 grams (3.0 oz).
None of the wheels are articulated. Since only the front rear axle is powered, I just let the rear rear axle float up and down with oval holes for the axle. I also only drive the truck on reasonable flat roads. I may add suspension later (on the todo list).
The current ratio (25:1) works pretty well but I would like a lower top speed and more low speed control, so if I could find a gear ratio of 50:1 or 100:1 I would think it would meet my needs better. I built my own ESC so my slow speed performance is much better then when I used a servo board as a ESC. My ESC also has light control but I haven't hooked up the lights yet.
The pager motor (GM15 from Solarbotics) came with the gear box.
I made the 1 ujoint myself. The one on the Volvo is OK but sloppy. The one I made for the Pete is much neater.
The bevel gears that I used came off of a Centry RC Helicopter. They are for the tail shaft. The part number is cne305 and you need 2 kits to do one truck. You can do a google search to find where you can buy them. I would still like to find smaller ones so that I could power both rear axles.
Thanks
John