View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
lets not get too worked up. it's his opinion and he's entitled to it and free to share it. you can offer a rebuttle however we need not take this in a direction that will only lead to waster forum space.

i myself have had miles of rcp track as well an i honestly don't find the tile seams distracting at all. there are the odd tiles where tile thickness is fractionally different but it's certainly not enough to 'not' use it.

i have realtracks as well and while it's very flat and honestly fun to drive on, stock tires make it an exercises in frustration unless you ant to simply creap and crawl around the track. there are tile gaps in realtracks as well. i've actually documented mine on this forum in discussions with realtracks. i honestly think this can be solved by simply trying various tire compound combinations which i have not been able to do yet.

i've never run on carpet but i can't say i've had any compelling reason to do so.

no one surface is perfect, ask lorne, he's tested almost all of them.
I respect his opinion. DUDE is a horse. I don't think it's the way to start an opinion without showing pretty serious disrespect for my opinion. I don't care about the space. Not anymore. I see how it is here. LOL

"dude... no track should need any home remedy cooked up"

Like 1) foam 12th scale traction compounds used at all carpet racing venues.
Like 2) foam 10th scale traction compounds used at all carpet racing venues.
Like 3) sugar water applied on asphault used at all good 10th scale on-road racing venues.
Like 4) VHT applied on asphault at all good Nitro racing venues 10th and 8th scale.
In fact, I don't think any Worlds event has been held.. maybe ever, without the use of surface and/or tire traction compounds.

Dnano has been out for just a short while, and I don't think you guys should assume Mini-Z lore will be the right answer for Dnano surface/tires. In fact, I know some of the fastest and earliest adopters of mini-z used oil on their tires, which works great, but really causes mayhem for the owner of the RCP. I know of venues where the RCP has become... like really lousy due to contamination... caused by factors having nothing to do with any application of traction compounds. Just dust, sun and wear and tear.

Dnano is much more fun, and drives more like an 8th or 10th scale model, when on a smooth surface. The smoother the better. Faster rolling and smoother weight transfer works wonders for the model. If you have not tried it on something better than RCP, you are really missing out. I'm not here to bash RCP. But, it has it's limitations where dnano is concerned... even Mini Z IMO. The feel of too much traction is not much better than that of too little. In the case of RCP, inconstant traction and surface irregularities are greatly enhanced with Dnano. AND, carpet is better for Mini Z as well IMO. Try RCMMS for a week or so, and then go back to your PCP!

Maybe you guys should be a little more open minded and not smoke so much o'that PCP.. er ah I mean RCP.

Last edited by run4fun; 08-12-2009 at 11:12 PM.