View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 PM

dNano track test

After getting all of your emails and speaking with you Mike I was wondering when you were going to share with the masses. I only had a few minutes this morning to shoot some video. I had to do it with a digital camera because my computer with firewire is down. They are not the smoothest of laps but a few good lap times. Around 4.2’s average with a best of just under 3.7. You should be able to see each lap time in the video. Next time I will put a few more sections of removable guard rail where I occasional cut some corners. My KT-18 is set up with the throttle all the way back to the multi beep stop and 3 beeps from solid left and right travel. This allows me to apply full throttle to the stops coming off turn 7, followed by a quick lift and back on entering turn 8. Forget the training mode. Make the max throttle and lock to lock travel for each race course. Greg this should take care of the hair trigger you mentioned. I like the gradual power curve to full power that the KT-18 puts in. It’s almost like electronic limited slip. With the proper tire combinations I really don’t feel that any coatings will be required. Although I do like the thought of adding it to the racing line. I am an average to crappy driver and more limited by my skill than the traction and handling of the car on the track. I forgot how much fun a small set-up is and how quick it goes down. I think some you tube HFAY may be in order. Or since that’s already taken how about “RealTracks Time Trials”. We have been moving slow with the timing system. It’s been 99 percent done for awhile. We were trying to get the online portion complete before the release. I am thinking of adding that portion later and we could just use the “Video Recording” or “Skid Pad” screens with the big numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVUqyGsq-Y

Last edited by RealTracks; 06-06-2009 at 01:11 PM.