View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 PM

I had a mini 96 track that I had setup in our dining room (the only room without furniture at the time) but I had to eventually take it out because my wife began to worry that it was going to become a permanent thing. I had the track stored in the garage but lost half the track due to a paint spill. I recently dragged the remaining track out and set it up in a vacated office at my plant. It's only a wide oval about 8 feet long, which isn’t very challenging for the Dnanos but also way too wide. The current tracks available from RCP do not take advantage of the new Dnano format. They need to have narrower tracks and smaller footprints. I have come to the conclusion that the RCP track will not fit my needs.

What I need is a track that can be assembled and disassembled without a lot of effort. I don’t need a very wide track if fact being narrow offers some advantages. 1) I can make a more intriguing configuration in a smaller area 2) if the footprint is small enough I can leave it up longer. At my house, I’m the only one with this interest so the narrow track actually is good because I have to be more controlled in driving.

The tracks that Real Tracks fit my needs better but not the new flat tracks but the 14 ½” track with rails. My only problem is that it seems to be "Out of Stock" on the RealTracks web site. I've tried emailing them but no answer so far. I'm concerned that they might be thinking of discontinuing this track. My suggestion is they should market this as a single user track and package it with their laser beam counter. Meanwhile, could I get an idea when this track will be in stock? I also haven’t heard anything more concerning the laser beam counter.