View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Bit Surgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by SPEED
Red + battery wire connects to middle pin of POT
Left pin of POT connects to + connection for the battery wire on the PCB, ANd the right PIN of the POT is not used correct???
That's correct. Nothing to it if you can solder a little.

Quote:

You said you used 20 OHM POT, can this be found at another electronic store such as Radio shack??? I seen a few POTs there.

The smallest rated pot I've found at radio shack is 1k, which is much too high for this project. I found the 100ohm 25 turn pot at Fry's Electronics; Allelectronics.com is the first place I found anything under 100ohms. If you buy from them I highly recommend getting the battery pack mentioned in the other post for an extra buck or so.

Quote:
Originally posted by akura
Fantastic to see you got this working, wouldnt it be fantastic if you could control the voltage flow REMOTELY then! Now _that'd_ be a project to think about.
What you'd need is an appropriate motorized potentiometer and an extra two buttons to control the motor that turns the pot. I haven't seen anything small enough though, and even if you used the booster controller's extra button to turn the motor one direction, you wouldn't be able to turn back the other direction except with some type of spring return mechanism possibly, which wouldn't allow you to lock in on one speed.

You could overcome the channel limitation by adding a second PCB of a different freq and merging the two remotes into one; however, with a second PCB and motorized pot you'd probably need a custom bus-type body due to the size. Hats off to anyone that accomplishes that, but I think I'd rather just buy a digiq, lol.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Post your results or questions if you try this mod.