View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
there are currently several chassis kits to choose from on the market already for the micro-t/b. you have hot racing, 3racing, tinyrc, ripper7racing to name a few.

there is no reason the design could not be stretched 1/2" to meet the demand for the m.d.t. which in my opnion will surpass the m.t/b. it's just a much more stable platform. there is no rocket science to it, only takes 1 minute for me to adjust a 3d cad model. this should be jsut as easy to do in c.f. as the existing kits and i am frankly shocked that they haev not been released yet. the m.d.t. has been out for a short period of time and we've had wheelbase information for awhile. in my opinion, these should have been available at the same time as the release of the m.d.t. i think your in a bad position if your a month or more behind the curve.... especially when there is no shortage of support for these vehicles which is one the aswome things about it.

i do like some of the suggestions/requests for features. please continue to post them as i am working on my own chassis design.

trouble with cut outs for cells is, there is likely not going to be a standard being used. as soon as these chassis plate trucks are made, creative people stuff whatever they desire into them, from round cell packs to flat lipo's. cut outs for cells in this case would be useless or only targeting a portion of the people using them. i was thinking a 1/1" lip around the chassis perimeter to act as a tray but this could potentially interfere with people using lipo packs or be the one thing preventing the use of a desried cell because the inside dimension is 1/32" off for example. fyi, i will be using aluimun or derlin.

way off topic, does anyone have any cool patterns to reference? i want to engrave something attractive on the bottom just because i can and it will be for me