View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 10:28 PM
TinyRC Pro

Talking

Quote:
dude your track kicks a$$
Thanks. I appreciate your compliment.
I was going to suggest you glue your cardboard track to a piece of thin wood like luan or masonite. I see you had bigger plans. I like the peg-board idea. I think it will work really well with the zip ties. It's like pre-drilled. When I first read about the stick on tiles I thought they sounded too slippery, but when I saw them at H Depot i thought different. They turned out to be grippy. I have to dust/vacuum the track often, the dust makes my zips spin out. (yeah-I am kind of anal)
I like the configuration of your other track. I am glad you decided to try it again.

After I finished my track. I wasn't quite happy with it. I tore part of it up to reconfigure it and add the pit lane. You can see in the pics where I changed it. Just look for the oddball tile. I had a turn there, but I wanted a long straight. Unfortunately, I cut curves out of the corners of the tiles. So I had to compensate with a kind of dog-leg.

Man you pulled an all nighter, huh? It took me like 2 weeks to finish mine. I took my time. Post some pics of your progress. I want to see how your new track turns out!!

BTW: my b-day is nov 3 too.

Last edited by damootch; 01-07-2005 at 10:44 PM.