View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Some good feedback here, thanks. As Arch2b mentioned he created a forum for me to use with for the Flip Side software over at the mini-z racer forum. I watch that forum closely so if you need to contact me that is the way to go. Or I have a contact link on the software website now or you can email me through the forum.

lornecherry,
In regards to the 80's robot voice for the program it sounds like you are still suffering with the default voice of Windows XP called Microsoft Sam. There are some much better voices out there. Microsoft has two other voices called Microsoft Mary and Microsoft Mike that are a little better, you can download them here:

Microsoft Mary and Mike download

Or what I and some others have done is purchased a 3rd party voice. It is pricey but sounds much better. I am using a voice from AT&T and very happy with it. Microsoft has a list of 3rd party voice providers here:

3rd party voices for Windows

The AT&T voices are around 50$ and I had tested the Cepestral voices which are around 30$ but any of the providers should work.

As for the opening graphic if you are referring to the splash screen that pops up for a few seconds and disappears before the main program appears that graphic can not be easily replaced at the moment. That graphic is actually built into the exe file and is loaded and launched before I read any of the user preferences or other graphics files. It was added so that people would not try launching the app multiple times while it was loading. Eventually I will replace it with something more professional looking but it probably will be the one spot I leave my "branding" in since it just pops up momentarily.

As a note for your solo races you might like the feature of the software that calls out lap times instead of beeps. I personally like to set it to call out the diff time. Each lap you get will call out the difference between that lap time and your best lap time of that race. I find it really useful for practicing.

Chris Moore,
No the software will not send results to Kyosho's site. While I have many grand plans that is not something I would ever pursue, pushing data into there site with my software does not seem ethical to me. Maybe if I somehow got Kyosho's blessing but that seems very very very unlikely as I never got a response from them about the communication protocol of the lap counter.

I appreciate any feedback, it helps me improve the software and know what is working well and useful.

Last edited by pinwc4; 01-14-2010 at 08:36 PM.