View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 08:40 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS
Lightbulb Carbon Fiber Chassis

So far Im workin on a chasis design. and all the parts and part number through local big dealers (Tower hobbies,omnimodels mainly) on what to use. On the motor mount IM not sure if I can get that seperate or if a modified dtm x4 will work. so far conversion ( minus chassis) is under 20$. Great deal if I might add. On my version of the chassis Im lookin at tc3 style (haha I loved that car, but hey racing motorcycles is more fun than lil cars ) and on the chassis cuttin Im havin question..... unsure on how much flex I should have in the chassis and stuff like that. So Im lookin for ideas on cutouts in the chassis. Also should I set the batteries low in the chassis to allow for lower cg? should I make the motor sit lower too? LOL these are all problems Im lookin at. right now on batteries I have located some .67x1.14 1000ma 1.2. Im lookin to run 4 side by side style on the left side of the frame. Currently runnin stock receiver and a lrp quantum with reverse (small and dependable so far- Always LRP when I run r/c). so any ideas you have (If you can in english please) email me on question or pics of the drawings so far for chassis design. email Me

Will post a pic later of template on chassis. hopefully I can cut these bad boys out in mass on my friends laser machine for cheap costs