View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 02:39 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Lightbulb Track layout idea

Another idea for a good track layout is the old slotless track from TCR ( Total Control Racing ), race track sets. It is a bit narrower, but the bits area little bit smaller than the TCR cars so passing is not a problem. I have three sets of track from the TCR sets which includes the high banked speedway. I've been looking for a way to put this track to use and since you can't get parts for the TCR cars, ( or they are hard to come by ), the bit cars are the next best if not better for this track. You can have some long straightaways and some technical turns as well ( don't have any pics yet, but working on it ). The high banked speedway is great and the layout can be endless with bridges, uphills, and downhills. Also, there are cones you can put in different places to add to the fun. Track is still available at some hobbie shops. Another possibility is the slotted track as long as it has sides to them. You can also change the driving surface from plastic to whatever material you want to add. I haven't seen anyone post about slotted or unslotted track before, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents worth.