View Single Post
  #1  
Old 04-25-2003, 01:33 PM
bluemax_1 bluemax_1 is offline
I really should change my title...
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 151
USPS Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!

Just got the package in the mail for the Epoch Spec-2 that I bought used and boy did the USPS do a number on it. The package looks like Godzilla stepped on it and the car was smushed. Smushed, not smashed.

Seriously though, it looks almost like some 300lb lard butt stepped on the box. The car's antenna has been turned into abstract art, and the car itself was squashed so the chassis was squeezed up into the bodyshell with no clearance at all for the wheels on one side. One of the wires that runs to the motor also popped off and would need to be resoldered. The carrier didn't even stick around to hand me the package. They basically knocked on the front door and scooted. Immediately after opening the squashed box and noting the damage to the contents, I headed over to the local PO to file a complaint/claim, but the claims clerk wasn't there so now I have to wait till Monday and since the package wasn't insured, I basically have to rely on their goodwill to have anything done about it. They could always just tell me, "Well, tough luck buddy"

Have had lots of packages delivered to me and this is the first time I've had a parcel arrive in such bad shape. Sure hope I can get some kind of reparation from the Post Office.

Anyone else had this kinda stuff happen?
Reply With Quote